Chapter Nine: Terry

So I'm going to write this part in Sky's POV and I might keep it like this for the rest of the story ;)

---

The boys, Owen and I were making our way towards the T-Rex paddock, walking quickly. No one spoke until we were in front of the paddock opening gate.

"So you know what you're supposed to do?" Owen asked me, placing his hand on my shoulder and looking dead into my eyes. I nodded and smiled at him slightly.

"What exactly is she doing?" Claire asked as I adjusted my jacket and hooked my radio onto my shoulder.

"She's going to interact with him and therefore he'll be ready if ever he'll need to go against the hybrid," Owen said, not taking his eyes off me. He just kissed her and now he looks annoyed by her presence. Hm.

Gray's eyes bulged, "You're going to go in with the T-Rex?" He almost shrieked. I nodded, grinning slightly

Zach's eyes widened and he looked down at Gray. Owen pulled me into a bone crushing hug, resting his head onto my shoulder. I stood shocked for a moment before hugging him back letting out a small laugh.

"Owen, I've known Terry for eight years. He's pretty comfortable around me," I said, pulling away with smile.

"It still worries me, you're like my little sister," Owen said smiling back. I laughed but quickly stopped once being pulled into a hug by Claire, which honestly shocked me.

"Be careful," She said quietly making me nod and look at Owen who's head was cooked to the side in confusion.

Claire pulled away and gave me a tired smile before Gray's little arms were wrapped around my waist, making me look down and pat his head.

"Gray, I'll be fine I promise. You'll get to see me work with Terry, remember when you asked me this morning?" God, I've only known these two since this morning. Feels like weeks.

"Yeah, I'm just worried you know," he shrugged making me grin and lean down.

"I'll be careful," I smiled, making him return the gesture.

Gray walked back and stood where Zach was once standing. Zach was walking over to me with a small smile. Before either of us could say anything, his lips were pushed against mine, making my heart bounce around my chest.

This wasn't a cheesy romance novel, there were no fireworks but there was definitely fire. It felt right.

His hands were on waist and mine around his neck playing with his hair making him pull me closer.

"Um?" Owen asked coming closer to us. I rolled my eyes at him and looked up.

"Calm down Owen, it's all good in the hood. Anyways I gotta go," I said before stepping away from the group and turned and faced the door. Owen kissed the top of my head before glaring at Zach, making me giggle.

The four walked towards the T-Rex viewing area. I waved bye and they walked into the door.

A few minutes later my radio went off.
"Beta, do you copy?" Owen's voice broke my stressful silence.

"I copy alpha," I said, looking around the area.
"Right, we have eyes on Terry, he's just roaming the paddock. Anyways whenever you're set, we'll open the gate," Owen said quickly making me let out a quick breath and nod.

"I've never been more ready," I said steadily though my heart was going crazy with everything. We've got a lose hybrid, Zach kissed me and now I've got to pay my buddy a visit.

The gate let out a loud boom and it slowly started to open. I was greeted by a ear-drum breaking roar, making me smile. The door was open about six feet high and I looked in to see Terry standing there, large mouth open and his eyes glowing in the dim paddock.

"Be careful," Owen said through the radio. I walked into the paddock and the doors closed behind me. Terry's loud breathing and walking had the ground shaking. He looked to be in a bad mood. That's what I'm here for. When he noticed me his eyes seemed to soften and he lowered his head to a few meters above the ground.

"Hey, Terry, it's me don't worry," I said, smiling at him. Terry growled slightly making a shiver run down my spine. The tree leaves shook and I could feel the ground rumble.

I stuck my hand out and looked him in the eyes, "That's not how you treat your mama, is it boy?" I asked giving a small smile. Terry's head moved towards my hand slowly before I could feel the cold skin against my hand. I let out a small laugh.

"Good boy," I said. My hand was tiny against his giant head and my body was barely visible next to his body.

"You got him comfortable," Owen said through the radio. I smiled.

"Yeah,"

Terry stood up at full height and my head was looking up ninety degrees. He let out another loud roar making me laugh. The ground shook and I looked over to the glass room in the log where I saw Owen and the others and gave them a smile which was returned by all of them. Terry crouched back down to me and pushed his nose against my chest making me stumble backwards and land on my butt and he stopped moving. I laughed and got up, putting my hand back on his nose and I ran it down his muzzle. He grumbled slightly. Having a T-Rex love and trust you is an amazing accomplishment and I loved him to bits.

"Sky, I'm sorry but we have to go. Barry says Hoskins is going to use the raptors," Owen said, sounding angry.

Not the raptors. Hoskins will die if he touches my raptors.

"He WHAT?!" I asked, making my way up to the room where Owen was, Terry following me until I was gone.

------

This chapter is short I'm so sorry but I'm so busy! We literally just moved across the world back home. We lived in Hong Kong and we just moved back to Canada and getting wifi has been a pain in the butt.

Anyways tell me if you prefer Sky's POV or third person :)

Thanks for everything folks!