Chapter 14: Battle

So I should just stop telling you guys when I'm going to update cause I keep forgetting omfg I'm sorry. Anyways there's only like 3-4 chapters left or maybe less but just tell me what you think of the story and I'll think about how many chapters I'll write. Anywayyyysss enjoy :) So sorry on publishing late once again

---------------

Sky's POV

Fear. That's all I felt when the ground started to rumble and branches started snapping. I shoved Gray behind me as he held tightly onto my wrist. The Indominus made her way out through the bushes and faced us head on - eyeing us as her next meal. The three raptors surrounded us in a protective manner, but that didn't give any of us the feeling of safety. I took a step forwards, making Gray run to hide behind Claire. I walked over to Owen and whispered in his ear.

"Owen, we don't stand a chance at the moment," I said quietly, so only he could hear. He opened his mouth to answer, but the Indominus let out a ground-rumbling roar, making me flinch slightly, my ears ringing slightly. I gripped my gun behind me and eyed Blue who was staring down the I-Rex. The raptors started to make chirping sounds directed towards the Indominus, making my heart sink. They're still communicating. Owen took a step back, pulling me back with him swiftly. My eyes were set on the three raptors surrounding us. The raptors continued making small noises to the Indominus who was giving them low growls in return, making goosebumps appear on my skin. Before we could take another step back, the three raptors turned to face us with blank looks, and the I-Rex stood tall and proud.

"Crap," Owen muttered, before approaching Blue slowly and giving her a small nod. I stayed back, watching Owen appear fearless towards the animals who currently have a death glare on us.

"It's okay, girl," Owen said, not breaking eye contact with Blue. Before he could speak up again, all three raptors turned to face the I-Rex in menacing positions, making me let out out a gasp. They were protecting us, they trusted us fully. The started charging towards the Indominus, jumping onto her and biting and clawing into her scaly skin. While the Indominus was distracted, we took this opportunity to run. I grabbed Zach and Gray's hands and led them into a small gift shop, Claire right behind us and Owen behind her.

I jumped over the counter and Zach ducked down as I helped Gray over. Claire jumped over as well and Owen stayed on the other side. I jumped back over to Owen side and stood next to him, watching the raptors try together to take down the Indominus, who - apart from having some large gashes - looked unaffected.

"Owen, we have to try too, you have your gun?" I looked over at Owen and then took a small glance back to see the three others ducking down in the small shop. Owen gave me a small smirk and took the gun out of his bag, making me nod and we took off. We ran and hid behind a large plastic amber stone with a mosquito inside, and aimed through my gun to see the Indominus throw one of the girls off her and crash into a cement pillar, making my heart shrink. My poor girls.

Before I could shoot, Owen put his hands on my shoulder, "Sky, get back to the shop. Stay with them, they need protection," He said over the noises. I shook my head quickly.

"Absolutely not, I'm not leaving you alone here, Owen. This is like a battle field," I told him more forcefully than worriedly but whatever, he gets it.

"Sky..." He raised and eyebrow and gave me the look. Like, who does he think he is to give me that 'listen to me' look. Excuse me, Owen. I let out a sigh and a small nod, the last thing I wanted was to argue with Owen and make the others feel endangered. I pulled him into a small hug and ran back to the shop. I hoped over the counter and the three let out a small scream but didn't get far when I threw my finger over my lips.