What is it?

"Blake... I don't know how to answer that." I reply somberly, looking down at her with a small sigh. "I wish I knew how to."

"So you don't have one?" The cat faunus looks up at me curiously, almost not believing her own statement.

"Well, no that's not the issue I do have one. It's just a loaded question with no real answer that I can give. Most people's semblances are activated by a movement of hands or instinct, mine is a key phrase." I stare at the floor, trying to not look at her as I compile my own words. "I didn't earn my semblance, my semblance was with me from the day I was born. My semblance isn't a semblance."

Blake is even more confused now, which is part of why I wanted to ignore this topic in the first place. I don't even know what my semblance is, now you want me to throw it on other people? I only know the bare minimum since my family died before I could get the real details.

"You're of the Afterglow family correct? I did always hear about them having a unique semblance running in the family." Blake gives an earnest look, I'm personally grateful I'm talking to someone like her. I don't think Jaune even knows what a semblance is, and even if he did, he, along with everyone else I know isn't someone I feel comfortable revealing my insecurities to.

"Yes, we have what's called Moonless, it's a spirit that lives inside of us. One with rage, anger, and unprecedented amounts of skill in fighting. It's only weakness is it's tact, but the rest of him? Insanely strong. Well, I say him but Moonless really is just the bearer of the semblance, it could be a he, she, they, anything." 

"So, why don't you use it if it's so powerful?" Blake asks me a question I hate because well, it's kind of selfish of a reason.

"When I use my semblance, I'm not in control of my fights, I'm not me anymore- I'm someone else. That loss- No, that lack of control. I want to lose my own battles, I don't want someone else losing them for me..." That... Was a slight lie. In truth I hate fighting, but it's also all I really know. Fighting grim is fine but people? That's not my goal, people are redeemable. Grim however, are one track minded beings that don't know anything but fighting, so killing them doesn't hurt. "I hate using it, but if I need to I will." 

"Right, I suppose but... What is a situation you deem worth using it?"

"A situation in which I can't save a life, but he can. Whether it be a child, a friend, a lover, anyone... I'll use it to save a life. If you want to talk about it, we should leave my room, it doesn't look great for you to spend all this time in here now does it?" Expectedly, Blake elbows me in the stomach, not the nicest thing to do in the morning but I suppose it wakes me up. "Great, I'm awake now, saves the need for my morning shower." 

"Please still shower Gray." Blake says in a monotone voice, standing up to leave my room as I walk to my dresser to get an outfit for the day. "We're going to see Ozpin today right?" 

"Yes, so wear something professional, or just your uniform." She says to me, before closing my door.

Hmmm.... I think a simple t-shirt and jeans will do. I mean I'm talking to him about a murder I don't want an old guy ogling my outfit, and Glynda is kind of not my type. She's like 50.

After my shower, I leave my room and start walking up to see Ozpin... Or at least what I wanted to see, instead I'm bombarded by the scariest thing. Three slightly above average teenage women with suspicious eyes glaring at me.

"What did you do with Blake all night?" Yang and Ruby ask in sync, Ruby more excited while Yang more interrogating me. Weiss seems more like she's just along for the ride at this point.

"We hung out for a bit, I turned on a movie on my scroll to help ease tension and she fell asleep so I just slept on the floor, I mean... It's more comfortable than concrete so it's not that bad." I lie directly to their faces, not about the floor part, that's true, but thankfully lying is a thing handy to be good at as an assassin. 

"What? You think we'd get up to promiscuous activity? The audacity, why we've only been here a few months!" I yell out, trying to shift the point of the conversation to them. If they feel bad for interrogating me than they're less likely to continue.