Part 71

dear football, 

you have been a major factor in my life since I was fourteen years old. There has been a lot of ups and downs in my career but mainly ups. I have won two Conti cups with Arsenal. I have won five copa del Rey's, four champions leagues and five Liga F titles with Barcelona and I have won one world cup and one Euros with my country Spain.   

 For as long as I can remember, football has been more than just a sport to me, it has been my passion, my purpose, and my identity. From the first time I kicked a ball, to the countless hours spent training, to the amazing feeling of victory and the agony of defeat, football has been the reason of my existence, that was until football helped me meet the love of my life and wife. 

But today, as I bid farewell and I am retiring from the beautiful game. I am overwhelmed with emotions. I am grateful for the countless memories that I have for the rest of my life, the friendships that I have made, and the lessons that I have learned along the way.

To my teammates who I call family, together we have celebrated lifting countless trophies and victories and helped each other up in crashing defeats and injuries  and I am eternally grateful.

To my coaches, thank you for believing in me, for pushing me to my limits, and for shaping me into the player and the person that I am today. Your guidance and wisdom have been invaluable, and I will carry your lessons with me long after I hang up my boots.

To my family and friends and wife, your unwavering support has been my rock through the highs and lows of my career. You have cheered me on from the side-lines, wiped away my tears in moments of defeat, and celebrated with me in moments of triumph. I owe everything to you.

And to the fans, you are the heartbeat of this beautiful game. Your passion and dedication inspire us to strive for greatness, to never give up, and to always give our all on the pitch. Your chants and cheers have fuelled my soul, and I am forever grateful for your unwavering support football will be nothing without you. 

As I embark on this new chapter of my life, I do so with a mixture of sadness and excitement. While I may no longer grace the pitch as a player, football will always hold a special place in my heart. It has taught me the values of discipline, perseverance, and teamwork, and it has given me memories that I will cherish for a lifetime.

So, as I bid farewell to the game that has been my passion and my purpose, I do so with a heart full of gratitude and a spirit ready for the next adventure. Thank you, football, for the memories, the lessons, and the love. And thank you to all who have been a part of this incredible journey.

Forever in the game,

Isabella Ramos x 

" cut" Sarah shouts " that was amazing and emotional" she says hugging me " thanks" I chuckle a bit by my eyes are watering. " you okay" she asked wiping away a tear " yeah, just seems surreal" I say. " I get that, but now you get to be with your wife" she smiles " I know" I smile back. We post the video and comments and messages come flooding in. 

I get back home and Alessia called me to make sure I am alright and we stay on the phone for a while and then I shower and focus on packing my last case. As I zip it up Ona calls me. 

" Miss Batlle , what do I owe this pleasure"  I chuckles 

" what you doing" she asked getting straight to the point 

" nothing, just packed my last suitcase. Why?" I asked

" good, I'm coming to get you we are going out" she says 

" Ona, I have to book flights and everything, I'm hoping to go home tomorrow" I tell her 

" and that's why we are going out, who knows when I get to see you next" she says 

" fine" I huff

" get dressed up, we're going fancy" she chuckles 

" okay" I chuckle

" see you in an hour" she says. 

I get ready and then wait for Ona to text me that she's out. Once I finally get that text I make my way out of my apartment and into Ona and Lucy's taxi. " so where are we going" I ask. Ona just taps her nose and smirks " so annoying" I chuckle " try dating her" Lucy laughs and Ona just rolls her eyes.

We finally pull up and I get out of the taxi and look at the building we are out of and it kind of looks like a hall, party places. We walk in and Lucy goes first and then Ona stands beside me, we walk in and I here " surprise". I look around and everyone from Spain national team and Barcelona. I look at Ona with tearful eyes " what's this" I ask " well pulled together a little party for you say goodbye" Ona smiles proudly. I look around and I see the place is decorated with pictures me and and my achievement's and moment from my footballing career. 

The partying ,drinking and dancing as the night goes on and then my phone rings. I walk out of the building.

" hey Mama" I answer 

" Issy you need to get to the hospital, it's your father, his ill." I mum says getting straight to the point. 

" on my way" I say