Dungeon Chapter 69 - Getting the Band Back Together

...and the too familiar shadowy claws of the monster haunting the Temple was clawing its way down.

"Oh, not today, hun," Insen grumbled loudly, before his arms flexed and he brought them in together towards his chest.

The many gaps in the ceiling slammed shut and Insen dropped to one knee in fatigue. Several Wall Hands slammed into the ground from the severing. Scrambling over each other, they didn't take long to recover.

Stone began to creep over Yo's arms up to his forearms as Hira stepped to the front to raise a barricade around the stage. The first of the hands began to slam into the wall, but already Link could see them attempting to climb over.

Shield still in hand, Link drew his hammer in the other hand. The long handle of the warhammer wasn't intended for single handed combat, but Link would have to make due. He shifted his grip up the stave as he raised his shield up to the first of the descending Wall Hands.

The petrification rippled through the monster quickly, almost pinning Link to the ground as it turned to stone over top of him. Before he could get trapped though, he heard stone cracking. Yo's fist broke through the frozen Wall Hand, before he bounced back to put himself in front of the twins again.

Rolling out of the way of the falling shards, Link turned to find Endeavor. She was keeping to the back of the line, her hand on her hilt though she didn't have it drawn. Link called her name, and she turned to face him.

Holding up the hammer, Link held eye contact long enough for her to confirm her preparation before tossing the weapon to her. She braced to catch it but Link didn't have time to see as he turned back to bash his shield into another one of the Wall Hands.

Hira began to adjust his walls, moving the slabs of stone to funnel the Wall Hands in towards Link first. At first Link was worried about being swallowed in the rush, but at the first sign of overwhelm pincered between two petrified Hands and more incoming, he felt the rush of a vault into the air.irHira

Link turned his shield down below him as he came back towards the ground over one of the monsters. The front skidded over newly formed stone as Link attempted to coast down the back of the Wall Hand. He landed hearing the stone shattering behind him as he bashed his shield into yet another Wall Hand before beginning to retreat back into Hira's cover.

Six Earth Sages were more than enough to handle the stone that Link's shield was making. The assault took less than a minute before Hira lowered the barriers and left the group in the rubble.

Waving off dust, Link looked around to assess the damages. This had been an effective testing grounds for the efficacy of the Mirror Shield against the shadow monsters, that was certain, but Link still worried whether the shadow monster all together would be so easily turned to stone.

Yo, who was largely above the dust settling due to his height, continued to survey the room. Nothing appeared as the rest of the party regrouped, Hira taking point once again. "Alright, that's six. That just leaves Akebono up in the box seats."

"And how are we getting up there?" Insen asked, before coughing on some lingering dust. "Last I checked, the way up is guarded by the prime beast itself."

"I can raise another wall while we go up," Hira suggested, turning to Link.

"You will not. You'll exhaust yourself before we even get up there," Insen countered quickly, folding his arms. When Hira went to argue, Insen just held up a finger. "Hira, you are relying on the Song heavily right now for rejuvenation of your strength, and it's showing. So, a different plan."