Word Two: Falling [r]

Tw: bad writing bc I suck at romance

Second person POV:

Reader is gn I guess. But crush is a guy. You can still enjoy it tho

Songs I listened to:

https://youtu.be/XhRtmk7vm3k?si=HaqD1TYugmdFCv75

---ш---

You sit, late at night, watching the people come and go from outside your window. The bright pinpricks of light from their cars shine through the darkness.

You are waiting for something.

Tired, you rest your head on your left hand, continuing to look out the window. You are tired, but you can't sleep. You need to wait for someone.

For him.

Your head slips from your hand, and you catch yourself before the windowsill high-fives your forehead.

Argh, it's taking him so long! He said he'd call by 6.00 p.m. You look over at the digital clock in your room. It's bright white hurts your eyes, imprinting 7.45 p.m. into your vision.

He's late.

It's alright, he barely makes it on time. You know how the time differences are, from Brunei to Moldova.

You sigh, taking a sip of hot chocolate from your mug, a gift from him. On it, the bright blue words "Te iubesc" seem to glare into the darkness. It is ugly, but you won't tell him that.

Suddenly, your phone lights up. Finally! You put down the mug, and pick up the phone. You smile at the lockscreen, a beautiful picture of the two of you.

It takes a second, then your screen is filled with light, a big contrast to the comfortable darkness around you.

"Hello!"

"Bună!(Hi!) Sorry, school overran."

You can't help but smile again as he starts to ramble about his day to you.

"So, that's why Miss Cataraga made the entire class stay back! All because one person didn't do their homework!"

He glances at your clearly not focused face. "Oh, sorry, was I rambling for too long?"

"Oh! Tidak, (no,) no. Your face is just too pretty."

You can see the effect of your words instantaneously.

"Hei! (Hey!) I'm in front of my family right now!"

You suppress a giggle, listening in to his conversation.

"Mamă! It's my-"

His mother pushes her way into the camera's line of sight.

"Oh! Hello!"

"Asta e partenerul tău, nu? (This is your partner, right?)"

She gets pushed off screen by your boyfriend, his face glowing red. You watch this scene with amusement, taking another sip from your mug.

There is a loud gasp from the other side.

"Tu, le-ai dat-o? (You gave it to them?)"

His mother squeals happily, before the phone is wrested from her grip. You laugh, thinking that their family relationship is so cute.

"Sorry, love. What were you saying?"

Oop. You realise that you said that out loud.

"No, ignore that. It was an accident."

You really love the relationship he has with his mother. It makes you want something like that with your own parents.

"Where's your tată?"

Both of them gasp.

"Love! You said it correctly!"

"You can speak Moldovan?"

You giggle.

"I've been practicing, of course."

"They're so cute! Get married now!"

"Mamă! We're still teenagers!"

"I don't care! Give me my child-in-law!"

"Mamă! I can't just-"

"I'm gonna have a grandchild!"

"Mamă!"

Watching them interact is so heartwarming, making you feel happy. You take another drink from your mug.

"My tată is still at work. When he comes back, I'll tell him-"

"I'll tell him I'm getting a grandchild!"

"Mamă! Relax!"

He sighs, a smile evident on his face when he turns back to the phone.

"I'll tell him you called, and that you asked about him. He'll be so happy."

His mother runs in the background, tackling him for the phone.

"Copil-in-lege! (Child-in-law!) What time is it over there?"

You look over at the digital clock again. It seems time has really flown by, as it is now 8.50.

"Close to 9, why?"

She dramatically places a hand over her heart.

"No! It's so late! Go! Go to sleep!" She makes to hit your image through the screen, and you flinch back, laughing.

"Ok, ok! I'll go now!"

"Te iubesc! (Love you!)"

"Love you too!"

You end the call and switch off your phone. Your cheeks hurt. You then realise that you've been smiling for so long.

Only these nightly calls can make you feel like this, basically euphoric.

You think you're falling deeper every night.

---ш---

Haha hope that made you feel single! It made me T-T

Anyone wants a friend in a remote random country pls pls pls reply to this

I can't believe I made myself feel single with a phone a good family relationship and a mug of hot chocolate