Future detective #4

L was working on his new computer that Watari had brought him upon his request, because knowledge and human contact is power.

On the internet, L stumbled upon many cases which seemed like puzzles to L. His eyes caught a cold case which was unsolved and thereby closed for some while now. He decided to make it his mission to solve that cold case.

Before this, L had and still has an incredibly good knowledge on stock investment. He had told Watari to invest in a few objects and Watari was rich, filthy rich in no time all thanks to L. Watari used most of those money to accommodate more children across the world and upgrade the orphanage.

Right now L was looking at a few brutal pictures taken at the crime scene while his kitten was on his table next to the computer.

The small kitten was moving around a lot, trying to grab the little boy's attention but unfortunately L's complete attention was on the case.

"Meow!!!"

"What is it (Y/n)? You can't be hungry right? I just fed you" L said as he glanced towards his kitten before patting her head and then going back to his work.

"...meow.." The kitten slowly got on L's lap. L didn't say anything, it's normal for cats to be attention seeking, he researched that earlier.

"..This case is bizzare..." L mumbled to himself as the kitten's ears rose. The kitten turned to look towards the computer and immediately turned her head back. L noticed this and looked at his computer screen. Crime scene.

"I'm sorry about that, did that scare you?" L asked as he gently Pat the kitten's head and small body.

"Meow.." The kitten meowed quietly.

"I see"

L gently put the kitten down on the floor.

"I want to solve this case, what do you think (Y/n), can I solve it?" L asked looking down at the small kitten who was looking up at him.

"Meow!!"

L giggled "I'll take that as a yes".

L looked at a picture of suspects, he already ruled out who he thought the criminal was but he wanted validation.

"Shortcake, can you tell me who you think the killer is?" L asked as he picked up his kitten to face the computer.

The kitten looked at the pictures for a while before putting her paw on the screen to point at the same man who L had ruled out as the criminal.

L looked at the kitten as the kitten looked back at L.

"Woah, you're correct" L said as he put his index finger on his mouth and started observing his kitten.

"Hmm, now I'll email my deduction to the higher ups" L said as he started meticulously typing on the computer.

"Meow!"

"Done! I'll go tell Wammy about this" L said as he got up to leave the room to find Watari who's real name is Wammy, thus the orphanage name 'Wammy's house'.

"Meow?"

"Oh, it's Watari, his real name is Wammy" L informed his confused kitten and left the room.