Meeting #1

A lone boy stared out of the window in an isolated padded room. The rather disheveled figure of the child watched the kids play outside in harmony. He would be lying if he said he didn't feel quite lonely. Being a genius 9 year old with trust issues could be quite hard.

L as what he was known in the Wammy's house orphanage had grown used to being isolated, it had been a year since he was found by Watari, the most trusted person in L's life. L preferred being alone most of the time however, he could not deny the fact that sometimes it got lonely.

As L was watching the kids play, his eyes averted to something that seemed to shift under the bench. He couldn't exactly make out what was under the bench due to the large distance and so he was quite intrigued.

Just then he saw the kids being ushered back inside by Roger, another trusted caretaker of the orphanage but not necessarily very trusted by L. L did trust Roger to not harm him, however he tended to not reveal his vulnerable side to Roger or anyone for that matter, except for Watari.

𝘕𝘰𝘸'𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦.

L thought as he carefully left his room to go take a look at the bench in the Orphanage's garden. L knew he was not supposed to be at the garden at this hour but that wasn't going to stop him.

L carefully walked towards the bench as he had determined that whatever was under the bench was 𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 and so it was most likely an animal. He stopped at a fair distance from the bench and bent down to look under the bench.

He saw a small ball of white fur with orange and black patches here and there. It was shivering, probably from the cold weather.

𝘈 𝘤𝘢𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘵? 𝘒𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘯?

L thought as he looked at the small creature slowly shift to reveal its shiny eyes and small ears, it also had a pink nose, how cute.

Both the boy and the kitten stared at each other for a good minute which felt like hours to L, he could do this forever.

"Are you alone too?" The little boy asked the kitten.

As if the kitten understood what he said, it feebly meowed at him.

"Me too.. You must be cold right?"

".... Meow!"

L stretched his hands out to the kitten who just stared at L's eyes deeply for a moment before it slowly walked over to L's arms. L gently wrapped the kitten in his arms and hid it in his jacket. The kitten complied as it slowly relaxed, it was warm and L had to sneak the kitten in his room so that's exactly what L did.

𝙇'𝙨 𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢

L gently released the calico kitten in his room. He watched as the kitten stretched which made it's small body expand, as he looked at the kitten up close he realized it might be hungry. The kitten just sat facing L obediently, not shivering anymore. L was kinda happy at the sight, he thought the kitten was smiling now that it was looking up at him.

"You must be hungry" L said as he crouched in a weird position to match his height with the kitten but the kitten was just too small compared to a human child.

The kitten looked at L, it's eyes sparkling as if it understood what L said.
"Meow!"

"Alright, I'll see if I can get something for you to eat.. But u must keep quiet while I'm gone, okay?" L whispered to the kitten and held out his hand as if asking the kitten to promise him.

The kitten meowed in a low volume and put one of it's small paws in L's hands. L smiled in what would be forever and walked out of his room.

L successfully sneaked in the kitchen as he opened the fridge. He tiptoed to see the contents of the fridge. Since everyone had dinner already, there was no proper food in the fridge. He noticed a few milk cartons.

𝘙𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵! 𝘊𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘬 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵? 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘵𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵... 𝘈𝘭𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘬..!

L thought as he took the almond milk carton and poured a little in a small bowl. Then he turned to the fridge again, just milk isn't going to fill the kitten's tummy. L saw the strawberry shortcake that was kept in the fridge separately, he knew Watari got that for him so L took two pieces of the cake and made his way back to his room.