Genius #5

L had brought his kitten to the garden to 'play' with her. He came during sun setting since this was the time when children were prohibited from coming to the garden. If that was truly the case then how did L manage to get to the garden? Being a genius has its own advantages.

L looked towards his kitten who was leaving her paw prints on the slowly melting snow.

"Hmm... I have deduced that by the next 3 days, the snow will completely melt" L said as he put his index finger on his mouth.

The kitten stopped and looked at L.

"Meow!"

"Yes, that would be sad"

"......being a genius is tough" L sighed as looked down.

The kitten looked at L and then started pawing at the snow. L looked at the snow patch where his kitten was writing?

2+2=4

L could barely make out what the kitten wrote but he was certain it was maths.

"2+...2=..4?" L looked at the numbers then at his kitten who seemed like a little child scared of getting scolded by her teacher.

"....that is....correct! (Y/n) let's see if you can do more maths!"
L said excited as he started writing on the snow with his index finger

6+7=

The kitten immediately started writing with her paw.

13

"Let's try something different.." L said seemingly fascinated.

𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘯𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘢 𝘤𝘢𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘥𝘰 𝘮𝘶𝘭𝘵𝘪𝘱𝘭𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵?

4×8=

The kitten looked at it for a while before she started writing again.

32

𝘔𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘳.

12×12=

144

𝘋𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯?

64÷4=

16

....𝘈𝘭𝘨𝘦𝘣𝘳𝘢??

L wrote on the snow again.

2x-10=24

The kitten looked at the problem and thought for approximately 2 minutes and 36 seconds according to L before she started writing.

17

"....."

"....."

"....that's... Correct!!"

"Meowww?!"

"Yes! You're incredible Shortcake!" L said as he picked his kitten up in his arms and spun around.

"I'll give you some of my cake as a reward okay?"

"MEOW!"

L giggled, he loved how his kitten loved cakes and sweets just as much as L did himself.

L sneaked himself and his kitten back into his room flawlessly. Absolutely no one, not even a leaf knew that they had been at the garden at a time when they shouldn't have.

L placed his kitten on his bed that he barely used since he often fell asleep crouched on the chair.

The kitten started making biscuits on the bed and soon laid down lazily.

L walked over to his desk drawer and pulled out a piece of neatly packed strawberry shortcake. He opened the package and placed the cake in front of the kitten.

"It's your reward kitty"

"Meoww!"

The kitten meowed happily and started eating the cake.

Suddenly Watari walked in and snatched the poor kitten away from the cake.

"MEOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!"

"Little miss you're not supposed to eat anything with high sugar contents!"

"L, you do know that animals such as cats and dogs die when they eat chocolate"

"....w-wil (Y/n) die?" L said with a shaky voice as he started to cry.

"No but just to be safe I'll take her to the vet again tomorrow"

L nodded as he wiped his tears with his sleeves.

(𝙔/𝙣) 𝙥𝙤𝙫

𝘔𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘸𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘤𝘢𝘬𝘦 :'<

(𝙔/𝙣) 𝙥𝙤𝙫 𝘔𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘸𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘤𝘢𝘬𝘦 :'<