Intruder? #7

L was quietly working on a case in his room while his kitten was continuously trying to sit on the keyboard

The little boy kept softly nudging the kitten off but the kitten persisted. The kitten started climbing over to L's shoulder and head after not being able to sit on the warm keyboard.

L just let the kitten be, hoping she would tire herself out. While working on the case, L also had a little plan for the night.

L barely sleeps and even if he does then it's only for a few hours. He has this specific schedule where he would be awake and working till 3am before 'sleeping' for 1 hour and waking up at 4am. This obviously varied.

However today L decided to not sleep at all, instead he would pretend to sleep so that he can catch the uninvited guest.

𝙏𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙨𝙠𝙞𝙥 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙞𝙙𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

L was working on his case while keeping a close watch on the time display on his computer screen.

The furry little animal was having 'zoomies' all around the room before she got tired and lazily climbed up on the soft bed. The kitten layed down and instantly fell asleep.

L decided to 'sleep' as well. He slowly got on the bed as to not wake his companion.

L preferred sleeping while being crouched in his armchair since that kept his deductive skills at the highest. However, every now and then he would sleep on the bed to cuddle with his tiny companion.

𝘚𝘩𝘰𝘸𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦.

After about exactly 25 minutes, the kitten sat up. She looked towards L and sniffed L's face. Definitely 'not' trying to make sure that the little boy is asleep.

L could sense everything but he decided to see how things play out.

L squinted his eyes open ever so slightly that no one would be able to tell that his eyes were open and that he was 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨.

He watched his kitten who slowly jumped out of the bed and walked towards L's cupboard which contained all of L's clothes.

The kitten turned around to look at L while L kept his eyes squinted, he knew the kitten won't be able to tell that he was awake.

He watched the kitten jump to reach the cupboards handles. The kitten somehow managed to open the cupboard with her mouth.

𝘐𝘮𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘷𝘦.

L was amazed but he decided to see what exactly his kitten was up to. The fact that his kitten can do algebra was starting to hit L now.

The kitten turned around to look at L again.

𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘦'𝘴 𝘥𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨. 𝘞𝘢𝘪𝘵- 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦 𝘢.. 𝘚𝘱𝘺??

𝘐𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘦. 𝘈𝘯 𝘶𝘯𝘴𝘶𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘮𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘭. 𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘐 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘢 𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘭 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺!?

The kitten jumped into his closet and took one of L's white shirts and slowly dragged it behind L's bed leaving the cupboard open.

The kitten was out of L's sight now. L was thinking of many possible reasons as to why his kitten was acting strange but nothing made sense and he hated it.

L heard some slight shuffling behind the bed as he naturally held his breath.

A little girl appeared from behind the bed. She was wearing L's shirt that was taken by his kitten. The shirt seemed like a gown on the little girl.

The little girl carefully tiptoed to the open cupboard and jumped up a little to close it. She then turned towards L, much similarly to his kitten.

L now got a chance to look at the little girl's face and he was blessed. She's adorable.

The little girl didn't seem to suspect L due to his amazing acting and L was very proud of himself.

The little girl looked away and carefully tiptoed to the door. She slowly opened the door and walked out of the room.

L sat up and crouched on his usual position as he put his index finger to his lips.

He began thinking, the girl just appeared out of nowhere.

𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘤𝘢𝘬𝘦?

L realized that his kitten had not returned after the little girl appeared. He started looking around his room.

Under the bed, behind the desk, on his armchair, behind the laptop, inside the cupboard. Everywhere but no signs of his kitten.

𝘐 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵.

L slowly left his room and took out a torch that emitted UV light that he had gotten earlier.

L was prepared, he had placed invisible powder on the entrance of his room so that he could make out possible footprints of the stranger.

L shone the light on the floor of the hallway. He turned right first but there was nothing on the floor then he turned left and there it was, small footprints leading towards the kitchen.