new life #9

The elder was dressing the boy and the girl for the day.

The little girl was very excited.

"I can play with the other 'kids'?" The little girl asked the elder excitedly to which he smiled and nodded.

"Why yes, you can make as many friends as you want!"

"Just don't forget about me.." The little boy said with a slight hint of sadness.

"I would never! You're my bestest friend! " (Y/n) replied.

"... I'm glad.."

The little girl's expressions suddenly became dull.

"What's the matter little lady?" The elder inquired as he put the shiny black shoes on the little girl's feet.

"Wammy.. What if the others don't like me because I'm part cat?.. :("

"Oh you don't worry about that, everyone here is a gifted child. They will love a new addition to the family" Watari said as he finished putting the shoes on the girl.

Watari then went into the dining room for breakfast along with the little boy and the new girl.

(𝙔/𝙣) 𝙋𝙤𝙫

A lot of the kids already started giving you looks.

𝘋𝘰 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘸𝘦𝘪𝘳𝘥? 𝘐𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴? 𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴...

*gasps* 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴!? 𝘕𝘰, 𝘐'𝘮 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘢 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮.

Suddenly L held your hand as he just blankly looked forward with his other hand's Index finger on his lips.

𝘐 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘵 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘭𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘸. 𝘚𝘶𝘥𝘥𝘦𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘮𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘰𝘺. 𝘐 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘰𝘺! 𝘏𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘯.

𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦? 𝘉? 𝘉!

B keenly looked at you and for a second his eyes went above your head.

D𝘪𝘥 𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴?

Your eyes probably visibly widened as you put your hands above your head to check for ears. Nothing.

B then walked to what you assumed was his seat at the table as all the other kids did so as well except for L and you.

Watari then called you to stand next to him which you did.

"Children, I believe you have noticed that we have a new member here, she's (F/i). Please treat her well. (F/I) do you want to say something to your new friends?" Watari finished as he looked at you and gave you encouragement.

"I-i hope we can be good friends" you said stiffly due to nervousness.

To your surprise, everyone smiled at you sweetly.

𝘋𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦..𝘮𝘦?

You went and sat next to L on the table.

A girl next to you spoke up.

"Hey (F/i)! I'm Emily, wanna be friends?" The girl asked you to which you smiled and nodded.

The day went by with you meeting all the kids. In the evening, you went back to L's and your room.

Watari asked if he should arrange a seperate room for you but L declined strictly and so did you.

At midnight, when only you and L were present in the room. The little boy spoke up.

"Can I tell you a secret?" L asked you.

"Yes!" You replied excitedly as your eyes visibly sparkled.

"My full name is L Lawliet" L whispered to you.

𝘓'𝘴 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦! 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘶!

"I will cherish it forever!" ∩( ✧Д✧)∩

L giggled as he went back to his computer.

The little boy turned around after sometime, only to see his first friend sleeping.

𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳.