Always hungry #6

L noticed his kitten often just sitting in front of her bowl and meowing. She was hungry but L was giving her a proper serving of what a kitten should eat in a whole day.

He knew that kittens and cats were generally very attention seeking and (Y/n) could be faking hunger for more food because cats are like that.

However he still could not help but feel bad for his kitten, he felt like he was starving her even though he was not. He asked Watari for advice and Watari told him the same thing.

"Cats are attention seeking , L , you must not feed (Y/n) too much or else she'll get sick"

L kept Watari's words but he could not help but give his kitten a few pieces of his cake every now and then because he felt very bad.

However, since the past few days, his kitten's hunger has toned down. She rarely sits in front of her bowl and rarely meows like an ambulance siren.

L was suspicious. Not of his kitten but the state of his room. L was very sensitive to any changes and he could easily sense it.

L was looking around his own room discreetly as the small furry animal snuggled up on the bed.

The moment L noticed that his kitten closed her eyes, he started looking around. L was very skilled, people would not be able to hear him approach or even sense his presence.

He walked over to his cupboard and placed his index finger on his lips. His eyes quickly caught some small faded fingerprints on the handles which L knew for a fact weren't his. This meant that someone was coming into his room but who.

L opened the cupboard and looked at his pile of white shirts and jeans. Everything seemed normal at first glance but L noticed that one of his shirts was poorly folded compared to the rest and was probably just thrown in there.

L was certain now that someone was coming into his room however that should not be possible because his room is always locked when he is not in it, Watari makes sure of it. So that probably meant that the intruder was coming in at a time when L was present in the room, but if that was the case then wouldn't L know?

It definitely cannot be Watari because the evidence that he found till now points towards someone small, like a child. It could be a child from the orphanage.

However, if the said child was coming in L's room while L was present in the room then why did L not feel the kid's presence?

L thought deeper for a moment.

𝘗𝘦𝘳𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘴, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘐 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘵.

𝘉𝘶𝘵..

𝘐 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘵𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘞𝘢𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘪 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦 𝘰𝘳𝘱𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘢𝘨𝘦.

L turned towards his kitten who was sleeping on the bed peacefully.

𝘊𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘪𝘵 𝘣𝘦-? 𝘕𝘰. 𝘏𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳...

Suddenly the door to L's room flug open revealing Watari who came to call L for breakfast.

"L, it is time for breakfast, you are expected at the table"

"Yes Watari"

L looked towards his kitten who was already up and about at the word 'breakfast'.

"Sorry shortcake, but I already gave you your breakfast" L said as he pointed towards the full cat food bowl. The kitten seemed to discreetly snicker at the food bowl.

L looked at his kitten suspiciously as he slowly walked out of his room. He closed his door of course.

At the dinner table, the kids were being loud. L hated this so much. Suddenly he heard the chef talking to Roger and Watari. They seemed stressed.

L decided to try to read their lips.

"𝘚𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘨𝘦" "𝘍𝘰𝘰𝘥" "𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨" "𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘯?"

That was all L was about to make out. Normally L would come to a conclusion that a child has gone missing however since 'food' was one of the words, there was a 'missing' amount of food.

Watari and Roger turned towards all of the children and cleared their throats as Roger spoke.

"Children, it has come to our attention that bits of food have been taken away outside of breakfast, lunch and dinner times. It is alright to feel hungry, but I request you all to not take food without informing authorities. Please approach a person in charge and ask them. Again, it is not wrong to feel hungry outside of the dinner times. Thank you for your attention children, you may eat now" Roger finished as he and Watari walked off somewhere.

Food has been going missing. L suspected his kitten because she didn't scream at L for extra food anymore.

But L always locks her in the room unless he himself is inside the room. There is no way the kitten can wander off freely unless L takes her outside for air.