Caught #8

The little boy carefully strolled to the kitchen.

The lights were turned off however a little bit of light was coming from the window which was enough to make out the layout of the kitchen.

L carefully moved towards the counter which seemed huge to L due to his size.

He heard slight shuffling from behind the counter so L tiptoed behind the counter.

Upon reaching behind the counter, he saw the very same little girl sitting under the counter with her face turned away from L. She was eating something, his cake and some leftovers from dinner earlier.

L finally decided to speak.

"So it was you who was sneaking into my room and eating the food" the little boy said as he put his index finger on his lips whilst grinning.

The little girl flinched and jumped up a little which caused her to bump her head against the counter. She quickly turned towards L with a terrified expression.

Before L could react, the little girl started wailing.

Suddenly the lights turned on indicating the presence of a third person in the kitchen.

L looked behind and saw Watari approaching them with a not so amused expression.

He watched as Watari bent down on his knees to match the crying girl's height.

Watari then carefully picked up the wailing girl while patting her back.

"There there.."

"...Wammy, is she a new child? I doubt if I have ever been informed of her presence at the orphanage"

The little boy questioned the elder as he looked up at the little girl who had now stopped crying, her cheeks and nose still blushed red.

"L, I shall speak to you once we are in your room" Watari said as he gestured L to follow him.

𝙇'𝙨 𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢

The little girl had stopped crying long ago as she was now sitting on L's bed while swinging her feet.

"My shortcake is missing" L suddenly interrupted the silence as the little girl looked up at L with some sort of longing in her eyes.

"Why she's right here" Watari answered wisely as he smiled at L.

"Are you perhaps implying that 𝘴𝘩𝘦 is shortcake?" L questioned as he looked towards the little girl who was quietly watching this interaction.

"Precisely"

".... I see"

Watari crouched down to match the little girls height.

"You must be wondering how I know this?" Watari chuckled.

The little girl nodded.

"Well, let's just say that you're not the first cat-human Wammy has come across"

"....You saw more of us?.." The little girl spoke for the first time as L looked towards her and started connecting the pieces.

"Yes of course!"

"Now little lady, do you mind telling us your name?" Watari asked.

"(Y/n) but L calls me shortcake so that's my name too" the little girl said as she relaxed a little.

"...."

"Well little lady, you must be hungry. I apologize I didn't feed you earlier, I wanted you to come out on your own..... How about you wait here and I'll get a little something for you to eat, alright?"

The little girl obediently nodded as Watari left the room.

(Y/n) turned towards the little boy who was still observing her.

(𝙔/𝙣)'𝙨 𝙋𝙊𝙑

You got up from the bed as you pressed your lips into a thin line.

𝘏𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘴 𝘶𝘱𝘴𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘴𝘯'𝘵, 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘳𝘺 𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘩𝘪𝘮.. 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘤𝘶𝘥𝘥𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘓. :(

You slowly waddled towards L and carefully wrapped your arms around the taller boy. He did not respond until after some minutes.

You grinned cheekily as you jumped in an attempt to climb onto L's arms but unfortunately you couldn't.

𝙋𝙊𝙑 𝙚𝙣𝙙

L felt that same warmth with the little girl that he felt with his kitten.

𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘤𝘢𝘬𝘦!

Kind of overjoyed, L picked up the little girl quite easily and snuggled into her neck like a teddy bear.

".... I missed you" L said to the little girl as her nose started getting red again.

"I missed you tooooo!!!" The little girl said enthusiastically as she broke into small sobs.

L easily comforted her back to normal by rocking her back and forth.

𝘍𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤, 𝘐 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝘮𝘦. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦𝘭𝘺 6 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘴𝘰 𝘸𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 3 𝘺𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘢𝘨𝘦 𝘨𝘢𝘱.

L thought as he let (Y/n) down while she pouted.

Soon Watari came with healthy foods for the little girl and a slice of cake for L.

(Y/n) pouted as Watari handed the cake to L and brought a bunch of vegetables to her.

"(Y/n) wants cake too, (Y/n) hates veggies" (y/n) said as she crossed her hands and pouted harder which made her cheeks go red.

"Little lady, do you know that L eats lots of veggies, that's why he's strong and smart" Watari said as he tried to encourage (Y/n) to eat.

"That is incorrect" L simply interfered.

Watari just gave L an exhausted look.

"Wammy will give you a big cake tomorrow morning if you eat these today"

"Promise?"

"Promise"

(Y/n) grinned as she ate the whole platter of vegetables.

Afterwards, Watari tucked both L and (Y/n) in bed. It was such an adorable sight. L was clinging to (Y/n) like she were his teddy bear and same goes for (Y/n).