Chapter 12

Y/ns pov

I followed right behind Katniss and Gale, and I ran and walked right by Katniss as we both looked down.

By order of president Snow, all residents must proceed to the presidential estate, please continue to move forward in a calm and orderly fashion additional food, medicine, and clothing will be provided upon arrival spoke the speaker and repeated as we joined the residents.

I kept my head down as we continued to walk and blend in.

I soon looked up to see the mansion as we got closer, then I looked down again.

I continued to walk with Katniss and Gale, and I felt Katniss take my hand in hers to keep me with her and to not lose me, and I smiled as I squeezed it.

I soon looked up with katniss and we saw peacekeepers everywhere then we looked and we saw a little girl in her mother's arms and she looked at us and we both looked down.

I looked at the little girl and continued to walk with Katniss and Gale.

Then I looked down for a second, then I looked up a bit and saw peacekeepers pulling hoods down, and my eyes widened.

Shit I whispered.

Katniss looked at me, and I pointed.

Her eyes widened, and so did Gale, and we moved to go the opposite way, but we saw peacekeepers there as well, so we continued to follow the crowd.

I continued to walk with katniss as I got worried and stressed out.

Soon, I felt a hand on me, and my eyes widened when I felt it, but soon there was an explosion causing us to fall.

It's the rebels yelled a man.

My eyes widened, and I looked and saw the rebels shooting.

I looked at katniss and Gale.

Come on, let's go I spoke.

They nodded, and we got up, and we ran for cover.

I soon jumped over to cover myself with Katniss as Gale moved to get a gun from a peacekeeper.

We soon followed Gale as he grabbed us both, and we ran together.

We started to dodge as much as we could as we ran.

We soon took cover again, but soon the tank we took cover from flipped from an explosion, and we moved out of the way, and I landed by Katniss.

I soon saw Gale get grabbed and my eyes widened and I moved to get up and I took out my trident.

I then looked and saw Katniss grab her bow and got it ready to shoot.

SHOOT ME SHOOT ME yelled Gale.

I saw Gale get taken into the truck, and I looked at Katniss.

Soon, there was another explosion, and we moved to take cover very quickly.

I looked at Katniss.

Come on, we have to go. we will save Gale later I spoke.

Katniss nodded, and we both pulled up our hoods, and we ran together.

As we ran, I took Katniss hand, and we ran to where everyone was going.

We soon got through to some people, and we climbed to get to a high place.

I soon looked at my surroundings and saw children getting taken, and my eyes widened.

I looked at katniss with worry.

Soon, I saw the aircraft.

It's the Capitol yelled a man.