1.5 :: Lucky Girl Syndrome

- Moka
Sunlight highschool library.
8:06 AM

   I'm at school now. Yesterday, ms. Kim told me that I have one hour to search a book at the school library. The first classes Just started now so the library Is almost empty. There are really two or three students around there, not including me.

This morning's weather is a little more warmer than yesterday, so, i'm wearing a t-shirt and a skirt. While, in this library everything feels so cold, and i'm freezing.

I'm looking around for books that catch my eye... But nothing for now. I check my phone for seeing what time Is It... 8:10 AM. Fuck. I alredy lost 10 minutes. I Need to be faster!

I look around and find the science and sci-fi book section. Well, I love this type of books. Good for me I guess. Also, ms. Kim, said that I could pick any book, so, that's the fun part. I'm curious what she's gonna make me so with the book I will choose. Well, she's surely gonna make me read It at least.

I go to the sci-fi side first. I look around for books that catch my eye. I find finally, (A/N: all the books name are invented by me, idk if They really exist) a book, called 'the tour of saturn'. I start reading the first pages. It should be about a group of friends exploring Saturn and meeting new creatures. Huh.

This Is an highschool. I feel like i'm in an elementary school. First the school colourful walls, then books with stories for sixth graders?! That's crazy. Well... To be honest, there isn't wrote and age for the book and also, I kinda like It. I'm gonna keep this with me. Well, I have to choose, still. One Is not enough. I wanna see more options to choose from. What if the book then Is boring?

I found another book, called 'underground' and it's sci-fi but also horror. Ill take also this. Great. Two books to choose from. But I need more, for sure. I have been around this section for almost 25 minutes now. It's 8:35 AM now. I should go to the science section, and for now i Just have two books to choose from! Duh...

I head up to the science section, I find many books about flowers and butterflies, honestly, I love this kind of books. More books to choose from I see! I got 5 books just from the science section, so now, i have 7 books.

While I'm looking around for books I see a book with a holographic glittery cover, I bring It and I stare at the cover for some seconds. The book's name Is 'The theory of the Lucky girl syndrome'... Sounds good. I have 8 books now.

I check my phone for seeing what time Is it... It's 8:43 AM now. I think I have enough time to choose one of the books I got.

I put all of them on the first desk that I find and I start doing a selection. I start from the science ones. Starting with six science books and two sci-fi ones, I alredy selected some. I'm really undecided if I should pick 'The theory of the Lucky girl syndrome' or 'underground'...

For choosing, I have an idea. I put all the books I choose toghether, I close my eyes, and I mix up the books until, wihouth seeing them, I bring one...

And yeah... I ended up with 'The theory of the Lucky girl syndrome' book. So, I put It in my bag and put all the other unselected books in thier original place. After that, I go to class, where ms. Kim is waiting for me. I walk in the hallways, almost empty because every student Is in class right now, except the ones who always skip them, while, I keep looking at the cover of the book I Just got from the library, It looks like it's shining every time I hold It.

I finally go to class and me and ms. Kim wave at each other. I put all my stuff on the desk and then ms. Kim asks me "Did you find the book?" She asks. "Yes I did... It's this." I reply, showing her the book. "Perfect... Now, you have to compile this, it's like an analysis sheet for the book. You have time until the school ends so, you have to complete this before June 5th." ms. Kim says, giving me this 'analysis sheet for the book'

The book Is kinda long so, in four hours, from 9:10 AM to almost 1 PM, I Just ready the first chapter. It was a bad idea choosing this book.

Finally, Is time to go home, I walk in the hallways waiting for Wonhee, my only friend. She sees me and randomly hugs me and of course, I hug her back. We talk while we head out of the school building and go home. She talks about having homework, and I have to be honest, i'm shocked. In my old school we had classes until 3 PM but we had no homework. Well, next year I will also have homework. I thought this school it's perfect.

I get home, I greet my mom and I have lunch, then, I go to my room, and I start thinking about that book. I should search a summary of It on internet? It would be easier, and maybe also have extra information. Also because, in the First chapter of the book there isnt anything interessing.

I bring my phone and search up this, and oh!

"I think I have the Lucky girl syndrome"

──────

A/N: Author Note

I'm back! (Kinda) Uploading chapter 5 bc have been some time I don't update this. I deleted my other book because It was kinda boring and yeah.

My health condition recently have not been really well, since school Is pretty stressful and I also got sick. June 10 I have my Last exam so After that I will start publishing more chapters and probably I will finish writing this book in july.

I Hope this book will get popoular maybe :')