The Pinkette

"WHAT?! SERIOUSLY?! At least the old man is okay, but did he have to come after us so soon?" Luffy huffed and ran towards the starboard bow to see it.
"Hey, STRAW HAT!" A familiar, and (arrogant) voice called out, and a blond haired boy jumped onto the ship once the Navy Vessel was close enough. "Remember me?"
"Um..." Luffy stared.
"You're Helmeppo, if i'm correct?" Robin said, approaching the railing while holding Chopper on her hip like a baby.
"FINALLY! SOMEBODY REMEMBERS ME!" He exclaimed in exasperation. "See, I don't get what Koby thinks is so-"
Helmeppo was interrupted by a pink-haired blur jumping onto the ship beside Helmeppo.
Luffy's face lit up.
"Hey! Koby!" The boy beamed like the sun and jumped on top of the poor pinkette, earning a tense feeling from people on both ships alike. The Straw-Hats tensed, and Zoro gripped the hilt of his swords tighter. The few men on the Navy ship deck found themselves holding tighter to their own weapons.
But Koby just laughed. "I missed you too, Luffy-san! I'm so happy I get to see you." The Marine wrapped his arms around the rubber boy, a small tear in his eye. "When you disappeared for two years, it kind of freaked me out, but I knew you were alive. Im so sorry.."
"Koby!" Zoro smiled slightly, and the rest of the crew came over. "Been a while, eh? You definitely have gotten taller.. and stronger, I hope."
"Heh.. I guess thats true! It's good to see you all again." Koby said bashfully, bowing his head after Luffy finally released Koby from his bear hug.
Brook came from the cabin and approached Koby and Helmeppo from behind.
"Oh, hey! Brook! Look! This guy is like, one of my best friends!" Luffy grinned, punching Koby in the arm lightly.
"Oh, hello. My name is-"
Koby didn't scream, no. But he almost fainted at the sight of the living white skeleton looming a good 3 feet above him with a gigantic (and surprisingly well cared for ) afro. Oh, and did he mention it was a live skeleton?
Helmeppo screamed like a girl and stumbled back as Koby raised his arms instinctively in defense and sprung backwards in alarm.
Luffy burst into laughter and nearly collapsed, wheezing like a teakettle. The others burst into laughter as well, though it was a little more contained. Even Robin had to hide her smirk.
"YOhohOhoHo! It seems i've shook you to the BONE, wouldn't you say?" Brook chortled as Koby got his bearings.
"I-I apologize for my outburst.. You did take me by surprise, seeing you in person." He exhaled, clutching his chest. "M- whew.. My name is Koby. It's a pleasure to meet you, Soul King. The man on the floor is my c-comrade Helmeppo." Koby stumbled on his words a bit, still slightly disturbed. But to be honest, he should be used to these things by now, seeing as he was training under.. well, Garp. Things got pretty wild there.
Brook said he was sorry for frightening Koby and Helmeppo after Nami kicked the skeleton on the head aggressively. Luffy and the others chatted for a good half-an-hour, when Luffy grabbed Kobys wrist and gave him a tour of the ship. They had just sat upon the deck and were now talking peacefully.
"Wow.. your crew is still as an impressive sight as ever, Luffy-san..." Koby said softly, watching as they chatted it up with Helmeppo and a few other daring marines who'd come aboard.
"Of course we are!" Luffy placed his hand on his straw hat. "Shishishishi!"
Koby smiled. He looked at Luffy up and down and noticed with a flush of his cheeks he was taller than Luffy now.
He remembered Garp chortling as he measured Koby and said, "YOUR A  MARINE, BOY! ALL SIX FEET AND THREE INCHES OF YOU!" And the old man laughed so hard he nearly fell.
"I hate to be so blunt, but what brings you guys here, Koby? I don't think its for a friendly tea time together, right?" Sanji said, sitting down with his back against the railing.
"Oh. Well.." Koby felt awkward. He hated the reason he was here. He felt ashamed to ask the Straw hats such a wild request, so Helmeppo took over after the two Marines exchanged a brief glance and began to tell the story of what happened after Luffy passed out at Marineford, two years ago.
"So Shanks and the Red-Haired pirates protected Koby, and the war ended. But Akainu was so angry he told Garp, 'If I see you go near that Strawhat, i'll kill you myself.' And Akainu has been on Koby's trail for a while. We have a feeling be wont kill Koby, as it would raise alot of fury and stir unrest for him being slaughtered, but he probably plans for alot of pain for him."
"Your still getting hunted by Akainu for that?" Nami said, looking pissed at the story of how Koby had screamed out how be felt on the blood-stained battlefield of Ex-Marineford. Koby felt nauseous, thinking back to it.
"But it still doesn't explain why you're here completely. " Zoro said, not in an unkind way, but still, Koby felt guilty.
"The Vice-Admiral wants you to let Koby stay with you until Akainu is either convinced Koby's ran off from the ship or he cools down." Helmeppo said bluntly, and Koby winced.
The poor boy himself had objected, telling Garp that the Straw-Hats shouldn't have to burden themselves with him and risk the wrath of the new fleet admiral. Garp didn't listen, though, and used the Navy's information-gathering skills to the highest extent he could to find them. Koby now had his own Vivre card, which he had folded up and tucked into a hidden pocket in his bandanna. (ex; photo below)
(FYI; This hasn't been confirmed as cannon, just a little extra thing i thought he may have)

 (ex; photo below)(FYI; This hasn't been confirmed as cannon, just a little extra thing i thought he may have)

from the anime. unsure of what episode?
———-—————————————————————
"Oh, man. That is SUUUUUPPPEEERRRRR uncool of Sakazuki..." Franky the Cyborg said, lowering his sunglasses.
"Sure, Koby! Your always welcome!" Luffy grinned and ran over to a tree swing to play with the Reindeer doctor, Tony Tony Chopper, if Koby was right, and the sniper, Sogeking.(sniper-king for my eng dub buddies)
"Im so sorry we had to ask you this. It's really selfish, and it might attract Sakazuki to you guys." Koby said, silently willing them to tell Helmeppo they couldn't take him in. He l- err... really liked  Luffy, and didn't want to end up the downfall of his friends crew.
"It's perfectly fine, Koby. Besides, we're pirates. It'd be weird if the Navy didn't come after us." Zoro said, and Robin gave him a friendly nod.
Koby wanted to scream, "why would you help me? you barely even know me, and all of you are so kind to me!" But he realized he knew why. Because they were just like that. Charismatic, and righteous people, led by the most charismatic and righteous man he'd ever met.
Koby smiled. "Thank you. Thank you all. Im so sorr-"
Robin came up beside the Marine, and stopped him with a hand on his shoulder. "You're a friend of our captain, so your all our friend too. We don't need or want an apology, Koby." She said kindly. How she was called a demon child, Koby hadn't the slightest idea.
"Are you sure?" Koby said, fiddling with his fingers.

"Duh!"
Koby flinched as Luffy jumped off the swing and punched him on the head, and despite being shorter now, he was still right on the mark.
"Ow.. why did you hit me?"
"Cause I felt like it."
—————————————————————————-
1041 words!
Thanks for reading this far. If you'd like me to add smth or maybe start a oneshot book, I wouldnt mind. comment if you'd like, and i look forward to it 😋