Chapter 15

Takemichi went in the ambulance with Draken. Chihiro, Emma, Hinata, Hibiki, and the rest of the Mizo Middle Five rushed to the hospital. They arrived just in enough time to see Draken being carried into the operation room. "Takemichi," Hinata called, getting Takemichi's attention. Takemichi looked worried and scared all at the same time. "We can't do much, except pray," he told them. Takemichi briefly explained how Draken coded on the way to the hospital and that he was brought in for emergency surgery.

Hibiki and Hinata were doing their best to calm Emma. "No, this can't be real. What if he dies? I'm scared." Emma whimpered. "Try to have faith." Hinata encouraged her. Chihiro touched her shoulder, "Draken's stubborn and strong. He won't let something like this take him down." Hibiki nodded in agreement, "Yeah, just believe in him." Mitsuya and Peh soon arrived at the hospital. "Takemichy, how's Draken?!" Mitsuya asked.

Takemichi took Mitsuya and Peh down the hall to explain everything to them. Chihiro remained with Emma since she didn't want to let go of her hand. She felt so bad there wasn't more she could do to put her worries at ease. Draken was someone who she was in love with. When you love someone so deeply it's hard to calm down when they're in danger. It's not like she could just tell her that Draken makes it. She glanced over when she heard someone coming their way.

Mikey slowly entered the waiting room area. Chihiro could tell he was trying his best to keep his composure. "Oh, Mikey," Emma muttered. Mikey gave her a reassuring pat on her shoulder, before standing in front of the doors to the operating room. Chihiro, Hinata, and Hibiki did their best to comfort her, as they waited for Draken to get out of surgery. "I know Kenny, and so I can tell you he's always been a man of his word. He's not gonna die here. He'd never do something so disingenuous. He promised me. That he and I would rule the world together. So Emma, Mitsuya, Peh, Takemichi, Chihiro, just have a little faith." Mikey monologues.

Chihiro understood what Mikey was trying to do. He was trying to assure everyone including himself that everything would be alright. This situation with so many unknown variables was hard to cope with. Even if Chihiro didn't know the outcome, she wondered if she'd be able to believe him. "He's gonna pull through," Mikey said smiling. Chihiro felt Emma calm down a little after Mikey's words. They waited for a good few hours when the 'Operation in Progress' light went off.

Everyone gathered around when the door opened and the surgeons exited. "We were able to save his life. The operation was a success." the surgeon told them. Everyone was relieved at the surgeon's words. Chihiro could feel the tense air in the room dissipate. Hibiki hugged Emman and Hinata, cheering, "YAY!!" While they celebrated, Chihiro noticed how Mikey disappeared. Chihiro always thought it was sad how scared Mikey was to be vulnerable around his friends.

Chihiro didn't want Mikey to be alone right now. She followed after him to find him leaning on the hospital wall. "Mikey!" she called. Mikey tried to act unbothered, "Hey Chihiro!" Chihiro sighed, "It's okay you know." Mikey gave her a confused look, "Whatta mean?" Chihiro walked over and pulled Mikey into a hug. She felt him tense up, "What-"

"It's okay to not be okay Mikey. Your best friend almost died today. You're allowed to feel things. Don't think just because you're a guy that you can't be scared or upset." Chihiro cut him off, tightening her grip. Her parents in her past life always told her that emotions were for the weak. It took her years to finally realize that feeling things wasn't a weakness. If you don't let yourself feel your emotions it'll get bottled up and you'll lose it one day after everything becomes too much. She felt like she was crossing a boundary here, but she just had to do it. Mikey's body relaxed and instead of pushing her away, he clung to her. Her shoulder felt wet from his tears as he quietly sobbed, "Oh, Kenny. This is messed up...don't scare me like that you asshole."