Alone Time

"You had dreams about me!!!"
"Eeeeeek, hehehehe." She shrills and laughs, that nervous laugh.

"Well, what happened??"

"It was just us talking and sitting together. There's nothing to tell, really."

Chatter box gets up and begins to walk around thinking about her hand on his knee and the way his heart raced, and it wasn't even real!!!

He's reeling, lost in his own thoughts about the night before. She had touched his face and held it even. He thinks about the tears running down her face. Why did he suddenly wish he had kissed them away, and why now??

"Hey, cups, what are you up to today?"

He tries to change the fixation in his mind to something else.

"Cups?"

"...and he said what!?!?!"

He had been so in his own head that he didn't even notice that she had answered the phone.

"Okay, I can do that.. can chatty come!? Okay, we'll meet you by the hospital."

Ray hangs up the phone and immediately comes running over

"Chatty chatty chatty chatty...?"

Chatterbox, previously eavesdropping, already knew what was coming.
"Yes, cups?"

"Are you busy today?"

"Um, nope."

"Do you want to go with me and kitty on a run?"

"A run for what?

"G6"

"Sure, you driving?"

"Nah, you can drive, my car is at the apartments, and I can't drive yours and talk at the same time."

"Hahaha, okay, cups."

As they drive through grapeseed toward the city, still trying to shake his "dream feelings," Chatterbox turns on the radio.

Cups reaches up and turns it off.

"So, chatty.... what'd you dream about?"

"I um, I promise cups it's really not important."

"Why don't you wanna tell me about it?? Was it a bad dream?? Did I die??"

"What!?! No! Don't even say a yucking thing about that. You're not dying ever! Even in my dreams!"

"Please, please, please, please, please, Chatty, Chatty Chatty, Chatty tell me tell me tell me tell meeee!"

Chatterbox pulls onto the hospital curb.

"Cups, we'll talk after your run, but we need to be alone. Okay?"

"That sounds bad. Are you sure we're still good? Wait, are you breaking up with me!?!"

"What!? No cups, I'm not breaking up with you!"

"Are you sure?" Ray pouts.

"We're great, everything is fiiiinne. You worry too much. "

Ray steps out of the car and looks through the open window of the car.

"You coming??"

Chatty thinks for a moment.

"Cups, I think I'm gonna get food and make some calls and let you enjoy your time with Kitty, and I'll see you after, is that okay? Do you need some food?"

"That sounds great, actually. I'm starving."

"Okay, Cups, call me if things get bad."

Cups says something inaudible to Chatterbox as she's running away, assuming the phrase was "I will!"

Chatty picks up some burgers, fries, and a drink along the way, as well as some lock picks and a couple of rocks because he knows how much Cups enjoys exploding things.

He snickers to himself and smiles beneath his mask as he thinks of her and how lucky he truly is to have found her.

*phone rings*

"Hey, Sooty."

"Hey, hey," sooty responds
"I missed a call from you. I was returning it."

Chatty, for some reason, couldn't remember dialing Sooty.

"Um, I have no idea why I called now Sooty. I'm sorry but hey could you do me a huge favor?"

"I can try. What do you need?"

Chatty thinks a minute, playing with the bottom of his mask

"Ummm, I uh...I want to set up something kind of romantic for um... Cups."

"Ooo, you got anything special in mind?"
You can almost hear her excitement in her smile. She hasn't seen this side of chatterbox in ages, and she's so happy for him.

"Uh no, no, I really don't. I'm not too good on this kind of thing. I just need something different from the chaos of all the clowns and mimes and all this bullyuck."

"It will be all fixed when you get here! I'm going to get all the clowns to help, and then I'm kicking them out! Wait, what's my time frame to get this done?"

"UHH, well, cups just left on a G6 run, so I would say you've got about 30 min."

"Alright, alright, I can't promise perfection, but u will try my best, hehe."

"Okay, thanks, Sooty!"

Chatterbox sighs, sitting on the curb waiting for cups to call, saying she's done with her run.

*phone rings*

"Hey, Chatty,"
"Hey, Cups, you all done? Need me to come pick you up?"

"Well, actually, I want to do another one with Kevin, but I didn't want you to have to wait on me!"

Chatterbox never tells cups no, but tonight he's got plans for just them. He's torn on what to do.

He sighs
"You're good. Cups, you do your G6 thing. I do have something planned for us, but it can wait!"

Cups surprised and wanting to know what's happening says "No come get me now, I'm at the gworls house!"

"Wait, really?" Chatterbox is confused. She's never given up a run for him.

"Yes, Chatty. I'm waiting on you!"

"On my way!"