Chapter 51 - The Yakuza

Idina POV

Idina POV

The dark, slimy alleyway was littered with rubbish, plastics and food scraps. The stench was god awful. Yuzuki had brought me to the poorer part of the city that I hadn't been to before, a place where few heroes bothered to patrol. It was like a whole new world.

The roads and pavement were all cracked and uneven in serious need for a re-seal, the buildings dirtied and littered with broken glass. The trash cans were all overflowing as if they were never actually collected. They probably weren't as from what Yuzuki tells me, the council put little thought to these areas.

When I had asked him why he shrugged. "It's always been this way. There's nothing in it for them to care about places like this." He replied simply. He seemed uncaring at first, but I caught the glimmer of frustration flicker across his foggy eyes.

"That hardly seems fair." I commented.

"Few things in life tend to be, princess." He replied.

I had gotten used to many things with Yuzuki. The way he called me princess for one, and how he was almost always dressed in blue, how he was supposedly blind yet manoeuvred his way about effortlessly as if he saw truer than I could, the way he held his cane yet never seemed to use it... The way he always seemed so playful and smug with an air of unseriousness. I wasn't used to being around someone who had such a relaxed aura, most in my life were very high strung – take my Aizawa for starters, or my U.A classmates, or Endeavour... Heck, even Uncle Mic had nothing on Yuzuki. And though I struggled to adapt to his carefree attitude at first, I found that I had become quite taken by it. It was nice not to be around constant pressure for once.

We stopped at the end of the alleyway as we came upon a door with brown stains splattered all over it. Coffee stains... At least I prayed that's what it was. The rotten stench however indicated the probability of it being something else.

"This it?" I asked. Surprisingly, I wasn't as nervous as I had expected to be. Yuzuki must have thought so too as he raised a brow my way.

"Not nervous, princess?" He crooned.

I shrugged uncaring.

"Maybe your mind is preoccupied with other things..." He peered down at me curiously as his milky eyes traced over me.

"Like what?" I asked with a sigh.

"I don't know" He shrugged in false thought. "Maybe on a certain boy that waited for hours outside a training compound... a certain boy whom you ran away from..."

My breath caught in my throat as my heart spasmed with the violent turbulence of heart ache.

"Not that." I whispered icily. "Speak of anything but that."

Yuzuki was all for joking and playing around, but he took my orders very seriously. He straightened, shoulders back as he stood still like a soldier. He bent forward, bowing from the waist.