BOOK 2 - Chapter 52 - Bakugo

2 years later

2 years later

Katsuki Bakugo

I rubbed my eyes. I'd been staring at paperwork for so long the words were starting to blur.

"How much of this crap is left?!" My throat was sore from yelling but I didn't care. I had been on paperwork duty for two months. Two months too long.

"There'd be none left if you'd hurried the hell up!" Burnin barked back at me, her flaming green hair seemed to sizzle brighter as she spoke.

I was a sidekick for Best Jeanist however with the increase in criminal activity recently, many agencies were teaming up to cover more area. Jeanist and Endeavour made the piss poor decision to team up meaning we had too many heroes on patrol, so I was stuck doing paperwork.

"I'm going through this faster than any of the others!" I bit back. This won me a scoff from Burnin as she tossed a flaming strand over her petite shoulder but continued to stride out of the cramped office.

This was ridiculous. My talents were being wasted sitting around these stupid desks, filing these stupid papers. I was going to start my own agency. I was sick of doing nothing.

"Still going?" Shoto's voice had me scowling up at him.

"What the hell do you think?" I snarled.

The hot and cold bastard and I were both on paperwork and I could tell even Mr Cool, Calm and Collected was getting impatient.

"Me too." He mumbled with a sigh. "We should be out there." His eyes held the window across from us as the smudged pink and orange of the sunset against the city scape held his attention.

"Then maybe you should make yourself useful and tell your old man to TAKE US OFF PAPERS!" I couldn't control my temper. I had gotten a lot better with the help of Jeanist, but being here wasting away my talents... it was bringing out the worst in me.

Shoto shook his head, his gaze still fixed on the setting city. "I've tried. Outside of the current patrol unit, his Special Task Force are the only ones doing anything other than punching paper." As he spoke his eyes narrowed in frustration. Shoto wasn't happy about this either.

As if speaking of them had summoned them, Stealth and Noir from Endeavour's STF (Special Task Force) appeared. Shoto and I shot them a scowl. They were in their matte, all black hero suits that covered them from head to toe. One of them had blue over the eyes of their black helmet and the other's helmet was black with a black hood. I could never remember which of these assholes was Stealth and which was Noir. Not that I cared. They never spoke to anyone other than Endeavour or Hawkes on the rare occasion that he'd make an appearance.

I hated them.

So did Shoto judging but the way he stiffened as they passed. One of them, the one with the black hood over the helmet dared to look our way and stared for a long moment. Though I couldn't see the eyes through their helmet I knew that they were staring right at me. This one in the full black suit would always stare my way as they passed... And it pissed me off.
Both Shoto and I held their gaze under narrowed eyes in challenge, neither of us backing down. Though I couldn't see their face I could tell they were smirking. They were out there doing real work while heroes like Shoto and I were stuck on desk duty. My lips curled up in a snare and I could have sworn I heard a breathy laugh from the smug asshole.