Book 2 - Chapter 64 - The End

We were all huddled around a table in the Yakuza manor with Yuzuki politely pouring tea for us as we sat in silence.

Idina had explained that Aizawa was alive and had survived in Arachnid's body because of Yuzuki. She explained that Kaio had come to the Yakuza manor to offer her a deal. She used that opportunity to distract him while giving Hawkes the location of the psychic so he could take them down with his feathers without being in range of their abilities.
She then went on to say she had Nezu fix Aizawa's body and Yuzuki moved his consciousness out of Arachnid and back where he belonged.
Then they devised a plan to get Kaio to admit his part in all the chaos and have it broadcasted across the country so he could not manipulate the situation.

It was brilliant.

She was brilliant.

And she had endured two years pretending to be a villain so she could bring Aizawa back. All this she did for him.

We all sat in silence, sipping on the freshly poured tea.

"You should have told me." Endeavour sighed, breaking the silence.

"Don't blame her. I asked her to tell no one about me. It had to be believable that I was gone and people were truly mourning." Aizawa said.

"You could have told me." I said, my voice weaker than I expected.

Idina's eyes flashed to mine, her lips tightening into a line as she thought my words through.

"I wanted to..." she began. "But... I didn't want to ruin your chance at being a hero. I knew I'd have to taint my own image, but there was no reason for me to taint yours too." She seemed meeker now that this was all over. It was as if her goal to capture Kaio was the only thing driving her. Now that this was over, she seemed... uncertain.

"I get it." I said, surprising myself. I understood why she did it, I still wish she'd told me. But I couldn't blame her for just wanting to protect me. A part of me warmed to the fact that she wanted to do something for me.

"You could have at least told me about your plan B." Endeavour grumbled.

Idina smirked. "I told you your plan wasn't going to work. Besides, I needed your reaction to be as real as possible." She shrugged. Endeavour rolled his eyes, but I saw the light in them. He was proud of her.

"I can't believe you actually thought I'd betray you. I'm a little offended." She commented with a laugh.

The rest of the evening was spent going over the last two years. Aizawa explaining his time in Tartarus and how he could only speak to Idina and Yuzuki through dream plane. Then we discussed the future. What the agencies would look like now that the corruption was exposed.

Aizawa would return to teaching at UA and Idina and Yuzuki would continue their work as STF leaders. But, Idina made it very clear she would still run the Yakuza. She said she needed to protect them, to make sure they stayed on the right path.
Endeavour reluctantly agreed, his trust in her seeming to have amplified.

At the end everyone stood up to leave.

"Shoto," Idina called for him softly. "Can I have a word?" She seemed so shy.

Shoto dipped his head, a curt nod.

I stayed back, leaning against the wall with arms crossed. I knew I should give them privacy, but they knew I was nosy.

"I know things have been weird with me coming back but-"

"-no." Shoto cut in. "This whole time you've been suffering. This whole time you've been working nonstop trying to find a way to bring Aizawa back safely. I had no right to treat you how I did. I'm so sorry I turned on you.... Again. I'm really sorry Idina." Shoto dropped his head, tears dropping to the floor.