chapter 1

𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙚; 𝙞𝙢 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙛𝙪𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙤 𝙮𝙚𝙩 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙞𝙢 𝙩𝙧𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖 𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙖 𝙄 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙄 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙢 𝙘𝙤𝙤𝙡, 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙝𝙤𝙥𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙪𝙮𝙨 𝙚𝙣𝙟𝙤𝙮!!

𝙖𝙡𝙨𝙤 𝙄 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙨𝙤 𝙞𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙄 𝙬𝙤𝙪𝙡𝙙 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙖𝙙𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙮 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙥 (𝙞𝙙 𝙜𝙞𝙫𝙚 𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙤𝙤 𝙤𝙛𝙘!) 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙞𝙛 𝙞𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙩𝙚! 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙠𝙨 :)

You glanced at the time displayed on your computer screen: '1:03am'. Damn. You had to be at work in just 5 hours, You turned your head over to April, she was fast asleep on the couch. You shut down your computer, the wheels of the chair screeching against the wooden floor as you pushed it back. You stood up and walked over toward April. "April" You gently shook her. Nothing, she was completely out. You nodded, this wasn't the first time she had passed out on the couch. Papers all over the coffee table going crazy over this one story she's been trying to write up. You decided to leave her be, since waking her up at this ungodly hour would be pointless anyway.

You headed to your bedroom. It was a complete mess, with clothes, shoes, and makeup scattered all over. You knew you'd  tidy up later when you had time. You climbed into bed and felt the comfort envelop you, a relief after a long day at work. The thought of having to go back to work in 5 hours lingered in your mind. you sighed, closed your eyes, and drifted off to sleep.

You woke up to the blaring alarm, you quickly opened your eyes and turned it off. The sound was almost painful, maybe due to the lack of sleep. Before you could even get out of bed April hurried in "(y/n), you need to get up we have to leave in 20 minutes, hurry up" your eyes widened, you glanced at the clock, it was already 5:30am. It dawned on you that you must have hit the snooze button multiple times. you sat up and quickly rushed over to the bathroom, turning on the shower, adjusting it to the hottest setting, allowing it to warm up as you frantically removed your clothes. Stepping into the scorching hot water, you felt it sear your skin. You wet your hair and lathered it with your tea tree shampoo, followed by your 'in the night' bath and body works body wash. This was definitely of of the quickest showers you've taken in your life.

After turning off the shower, you stepped out, skin tinged with a rosy hue from the steaming water. Quickly, you wrapped a towel around your body and secured another one around your damp hair, hoping it would dry quickly as you were pressed for time. You hurriedly opened the top drawer of the bathroom vanity, hastily squeezing toothpaste onto your toothbrush and wetting it before vigorously brushing your teeth. You heard a knock on the door and opened it with your free hand. April stood in the doorway, dressed nicely, white skirt and red blouse. You spat out the toothpaste from your mouth, quickly rewetting your toothbrush. "I'm almost ready." You managed to say before hastily returning the toothbrush to your mouth.

She shot me a doubtful glance, dripping with sarcasm. "Oh, really?" You glanced back at her, rolling your eyes in response. "Anyway," you mumbled with a mouthful of toothpaste. Spitting it out, you placed your toothbrush down and hastily wiped away the excess foam from your mouth. You confidently strode into your room, with April trailing behind you. "What was that news story you were talking about?" You inquired, casually dropping the towel onto the floor. April had seen you naked so you wernt worried it. "Something about the foot clan and a..vigilante?" You added, effortlessly slipping into your red laced underwear and putting on your bra.