3. Reckless and Relentless

-----

I woke up to the sound of my alarm early that next morning.

I got up and immediately got out water and aspirin for all of the guys.

I shook them all awake around ten so they could all knock off the hangover before their show.

One by one they came into the kitchen of the bus where I handed them their water and aspirin.

I made them all toast and sat down at the table to eat with them.

"What happened last night?" Ben rubbed his head.

"Before or after you tried to kiss me in the bathroom?" I laughed.

"Holy shit did I really Nova?"

I nodded.

"I'm so sorry." He apologized.

"It's fine."

"No it's not. Not after what Danny tried to do."

"Drop it Ben. I said it's fine." I snapped as I got up.

"You have an interview in twenty minutes. Be ready." I said as I got up and walked off of the bus.

-----
Denis-

After Nova stormed out I turned to my band mates and raised an eyebrow.

"What was that all about?" I asked.

"I'm gonna go talk to her." Ben sighed, leaving the bus.

"Danny and Nova had a rocky relationship." Sam explained.

"How so?" I asked.

"Danny never really paid attention to her, or thanked her for how well she does her job. Danny used to get hammered drunk and very horny, then he would always have a girl in his bed. Towards the end of his time with us, he got extremely drunk and was alone in the bus with Nova. She said no, but he wouldn't take that as an answer. Ben came in time thankfully and got him away from her. Nova forgave Danny but Ben never really did. Ben is really overprotective of Nova, so it was a big deal to him." Cameron said

"Even though she's forgiven Danny for it, she still doesn't like to talk about it with Ben." James explained.

I nodded.

"Is that why you all were so surprised last week when she said she met up with Danny?"

They nodded.

"Especially since after that he never really spoke to her. I think he's trying to get close to her just so he can pick at Ben. He knows how much the situation pisses Ben off." Sam sighed.

What a jerk.

"Should we get going?" Cameron looked at the clock. We all nodded, getting up to go.

-----
Nova-

"NOVA!" Ben called after me.

I stopped on the other side of the parking lot, turning to face him.

"What?" I sighed.

"Look I'm sorry that I brought it up. But I will never forgive that asshole for what he tried to do to you."

"Ben he tried. Didn't succeed. I've forgiven him and you should too."

"Why should I forgive him for what he did?"

"Because you have made mistakes too!"

"Nova I can never forgive him. I love you too much to do that." He sighed.

I sighed, we were never going to agree on this.

"We aren't gonna agree, just promise you won't make a big deal out of it anymore?" I bit my lip.

He nodded, pulling me into a hug.

"I love you Ben." I hugged him back.

Ben was like the older brother I never had. He was always there for me.

I pulled back and noticed the rest of the guys approaching.

"You ready for your interview?" I asked, breaking the awkward tension in the air.

They all nodded.

"Denis I need you to come with me, you are gonna need to warm up."

He nodded as we waved goodbye to the rest of the band.

We walked back to the bus and sat down in the lounge opposite of each other.

"Alright I thought we could warm up with some scales."

He nodded, and sang a few.

"Good." I smiled.

"Now we should probably do a light song first, so you don't tear up your vocal cords by just starting to scream."

"How old are you?" He asked out of the blue.

"Twenty two. Why do you ask?"

"I just wanted to know if I should be taking orders from someone younger than me." He winked, joking with me.

"I promise you I am very qualified to be ordering you around. After all you are the new boy." I smirked, joking back.

"Prove it." He smirked.

"What shall I sing Mr. Shaforstov?" I raised my eyebrow.

"How about Run Free?" He suggested.

"You won't, you won't be alone in the end. You don't have to be afraid
Run free and wild, let your heart soar with the eagles. Run free and wild, let your love take over. You won't be alone in the end. You don't have to be afraid" I sang.

"You're pretty good Mrs. Reed." He smirked.

"Your turn." I laughed.

We alternated songs for a while, until we finally ended up singing together.

We finished singing 'The Kill' by 30 seconds to Mars when I heard applause.

I looked up and saw the rest of the band standing in the doorway, applauding.

I blushed.

Denis bowed dramatically, making me laugh.

"I haven't heard you sing like that in years Nova." Cameron smiled, causing me to blush more.

"Sounds like she got inspired." James smirked, looking back and forth from Denis to me, smirking and wiggling his eyebrows.

"Okay! Let's go!" I said hastily, trying to change the subject that James had brought up.

They all seemed to get the hint and began to get off the bus and head to the stage.

I did my usual routine, making sure their in ear monitors worked and sent them all onto stage.

Before Denis went on he stopped and smiled at me.

"I had fun with you today. Let's sing together again sometime. For real. Out there." He pointed to the stage.

I laughed nervously.

"Yeah I don't exactly like the spotlight." I bit my lip.

"Too bad. I was hoping to show you off to the world." He smirked as he walked out onto the stage.

His stage presence was incredible. You could tell that everybody in the crowd was drawn to him. He was intriguing.

The crowd cheered loudly as the show started, and as it progressed it go crazier and crazier.

As I watched the boys interact with the crowd I felt content.

This was where I belonged.

This is my family.