23. Dear Insanity

Nova-
I pulled up in a cab to the small house in Ukraine where I spent the last two years of my childhood.

I was only a few miles away from the home that I used to share with Denis, but hopefully I would be out of Ukraine by the time the tour ended.

I paid the driver, grabbing my suitcase and approaching the door.

I knocked timidly, waiting for the door to open.

After a few moments the door swung open to reveal my smiling grandfather.

"There's my beautiful Nova." He chuckled, pulling me into a hug.

"Hey дід." I smiled, hugging him.

"I got your call, where's that boyfriend of yours?" He smiled.

"A lot happened in the past week, he's not my boyfriend anymore." I looked down.

"I'm so sorry Nova, he's an idiot for not keeping you close to his heart."

"That's why I'm here. I was wondering if I could stay with you for a week before I leave back to London."

"Why only a week?"

"I need to get back on my feet, I can't let the world knock me down again."

"I understand that, but why not here in Ukraine?"

"Because this is where my boy- well...ex-boyfriend lives. I don't want to even have a chance of seeing him again."

"Nova you are going to have to see him again, you are pregnant with his child, he's going to try and fight you for custody if you run."

I shook my head.

"He doesn't want this baby. That's why I left."

"Nova, men take a long time to grow up. Even I did." He said as he sat down on his chair.

I took a seat on the couch.

"That doesn't mean that you should cheat on your girlfriend when she is pregnant."

"He sounds a lot like your father."

"What do you mean?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Did Your parents ever tell you what really happened when they met?" He asked.

"They met and it was love at first sight, they got married immediately and had me nine months later." I smiled.

My grandfather laughed.

"You believed that?"

"It's not true?" I asked, surprised.

"Your mom and dad had a one night stand, then your mother ended up pregnant with you Nova. Your dad promised to stay with her, but he continued his wild life until the day you were born. He laid his eyes on you and it changed him. He married your mother, and never looked at another woman again."

"So what does that have to do with me now?"

"When that baby is born Denis is going to grow up quickly for it. I know he will."

"Denis cheated- wait a second how did you know his name дід?" I asked

"I keep up with you Nova. Whether you call me or not I always know what's going on with my favorite granddaughter."

"I'm your only granddaughter." I laughed.

"Precisely. Now, do you have any baby name ideas?"

"Denis and I had already decided, as cliche as it sounds, to name it Alexandria if it is a girl, or Alexander if it is a boy. But I don't know if I will name it either of those since he isn't in the picture anymore."

"The child is still also his Nova. Remember that."

"Why are you defending his side so much?"

"Because I know that you will need him soon. Nova pregnancy gets harder the longer you go, the less you can do for yourself."

"Well I told him not to come after me. So he won't be the one I need. I'm sure of that."

"You say that now."

"I will never need Denis Shoff." I said, trying to convince myself.

But really Denis was the only one I wanted and needed right now.

-----
Denis-

"What the fuck am I going to do!" I paced around the bus.

"Well considering she blocked your number, that means she doesn't want to talk to you." James shrugged.

"Look, I get that you are all pissed at me for hurting Nova, but could you help me win her back?"

"Denis she said in the note not to come after her. She doesn't want you to try, it will hurt her more. Besides, you said that you didn't want the child anyway."

"I was drunk. We have all said stupid shit when we were drunk."

"But we don't cheat on our significant others." Ben shrugged.

"Ben you had an open relationship for years!" I called him out.

"But Sam knew. It was open on both ends. Did Nova make out with other guys? No. So why did you?"

"I don't have a logical answer. But right now, the girl I love hates me, and I will never be able to see my child."

"Denis give her some time to heal before you try some big romantic gesture." Sam suggested.

"I don't have time to wait."

"Well you are going to have to, because we have a show to play."

-----
As I played the show I tried my best to be happy and energetic, but I couldn't help and think of Nova who usually stood right in front of me, singing along until her voice gave out.

My heart ached for her and what she was going through.

I messed up.

And I hated myself for it.

But how could I fix this?

-----

A/N: It's short...but it's an update. I love you all and thanks for your support!