a bunch of idiots

*Luisa*

A few weeks had past since Alex crash. He had sat out one race to get back to full health and since then, even though they shared a box, got out of Marc's way. 

I could see how it was hurting him to avoid his brother but I could understand that he needed distance from him. He didn't talk about it but I did not pressure him to talk about it either. He would talk when he was ready for it.

We had started to renovate and rearrange the house of Eli and Enzo when we had had the certainty that Remo hadn't had cancer. It was a tumor, yes but not cancer.

He had an operation and we would have to go get him checked every three months but that was it. 

It felt like slowly but surely everything was falling into places.

It felt like Alex and me slowly got our lives back.

It felt like sunshine after a long period of rain.

We were at the house, currently renovating the bedroom. We had changed the rooms and where Eli's and Enzo's bedroom had been was now a dressing room.

Our bedroom would be in Enzo's old office. It was a smaller room but it just felt cozy in here and since we had started to renovate it, it felt even more like ours.

I was happily singing to the music while painting the wall, when Alex wrapped his arms around me from behind. He lay his head on my shoulder, giving me soft kisses on my cheek.

This just felt insanely good.

After all those ups and downs, all those catastrophes, finally just being able to be happy again.

"What do you think about we just call it a day and drive back home to the ranch?", he asked softly "The kids are surely waiting for us to get them to bed.".

"Just let me finish this wall, ok?"

"Alright.", he nodded, taking a brush himself starting to help me paint the wall where the headrest of our bed would soon stand.

Our bed. 

It still sounded strange. At least somehow. But normally I would have taken more time to get close to someone. Normally I wouldn't have get involved with someone that fast. Normally.

But the way Alex and me got together wasn't normal.

It wasn't even planned.

Maybe we would have never found each other without Enzo.

And I was just thankful this man walked into my life.

We had decided to just share a bed since I always slept in his bed anyways. It was still the only way for me to get a full night of sleep. And we decided that in the house we would just share a bedroom.

We had decided to make our relationship public, like just show up to paddock together. Holding hands. Kissing before he went on the bike. 

We were both done with hiding it and honestly it took a good weight off of my shoulders. I just didn't want to worry about if someone saw us together. I just wanted to love him.

We had finished the wall and drove home after that. 

I was tired and so ready to tuck the kids into bed, taking a hot bath and then cuddling up to Alex just feeling his love.

But when he parked the car in front of the ranch there was something off.

It took me a second to realize there was a way lined by candles right next to the door, leading off into the garden.