House hunting we will go

Hunter

Gail called a realtor to show us houses since we only had a month to find one. I wanted to get settled before dealing with Mason's extracurricular activities and pet projects.

Eventually, the boys would graduate from college and start their lives. I still had to ensure they survived college. It wasn't looking too good with the Frazier family, Frank Shaw, and others trying to cause damage. However, it didn't worry me since they were inept on all accounts.

A woman, whose name I didn't care to remember, showed us several houses while shoving her tits at me. Gail pressed her lips together to stifle a laugh. The woman didn't impress me except with how desperate she looked.

I was looking for a house, not some over-sexed woman wanting more than a commission.

"What do you think, Mr. Michaels?" The woman purred.

I became irritated with her overtly insinuations. "I'm not the one you need to convince. She is." I thumbed at Gail.

The woman stood erect as her lips turned downward. "Oh."

"Problem?" My eyes narrowed at her sudden change in attitude.

"No problem. I wasn't aware you were letting her make the decision." She pursed her lips. "The men make the decisions since they're paying for the house."

I licked my lips, trying to remain calm. While I dealt with the obnoxious realtor, Gail had messaged someone without my knowledge.

A few minutes later, Carrington arrived. What the fuck was he doing here?

Carrington looked around and whistled while strolling toward us with his hands in his pockets. "Nice digs. Although a bit too flashy for someone who stays under the radar."

"My clients expect the best," the woman touted.

"What kind of clients do you have, if you don't mind me asking?"

I glanced at Gail as she smiled.

"Rich." The woman touched her shoulder like she was rolling in dough.

And how many of the clients have you slept with?"

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. I asked how many." Carrington rolled his hand. "I need a ballpark for the figures."

"I'm not that kind of woman!"

"Yes, you are." He wagged his finger at her. "You spot an attractive man and think dollar signs and a bed. I'm sure their wives and girlfriends will enjoy hearing what their significant others did behind their backs."

The woman's color drained from her face.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. That's a shame you used your body to land a sale. The police call that prostitution, if I'm not mistaken." Carrington smiled as the woman's eyes widened in shock. "Your services are no longer needed. I have someone for Mr. and Mrs. Michaels. Run along before I sick the cops on you." He waved her off.

The woman had no choice but to leave.

Carrington turned to us. "You should have learned from Mason to check out people before dealing with them. Mason always conducts a thorough investigation before meeting with anyone. It'll save you time and hassle."

I looked at Gail. "You called Carrington?"

"It was better than calling Mason." Gail shrugged.

Carrington looked at me. "You can't protect my son if you attract attention."