Convincing the other gladers to go into the labyrinth with them, varied in difficulty. Some trusted Thomas, believed in him. Others stood behind Gally and thought the whole thing was a suicide mission. But even though they faced headwinds, their plan was set. They would leave the glade. So Minho and J stood in the armory again within a short time and stocked up. They did this in silence. The tension was high and there was nothing either of them could have said, that would have made anything easier.

But as they were about to go outside >Chuck was keeping watch outside the door, in case Gally showed up<, Minho stopped abruptly in front of her. J was busy carrying the spears and knives so she didn't pay attention and promptly stumbled into him. "Hey, carful idiot! What are you doing?"

At first he didn't make a sound, then Minho turned to her. But even now he just looked at her silently. It was unusual, almost scary. Normally he always had some stupid saying ready. Although sometimes when he was angry or worried, he didn't say anything at all. But then it was really serious. And based on their plan, J guessed the second. Understandable. She was worried too. But that was exactly, why he had to pull himself together now. They couldn't both be afraid.

"Why are you looking so stupid? Come on, move," she tried to use her normal tone. Thank God, he agreed with that and started grinning. "I just wanted to take another look at you. If a Griever runs you over later, it's over with that pretty face."

At first J wanted to be outraged, then afraid >because she had to think about the Grievers<. But eventually she felt strangely warm. She felt like her cheeks were glowing. At first she didn't understand, what was going on. When she realized, she pressed her lips together in embarrassment. Minho had called her pretty. Actually nothing spectacular. And actually it shouldn't have that much of an effect on her. But it still triggered something in her.

"What's going on? Did you shit your pants, because you were afraid of the Grievers?" Minho looked at her blankly. At least he hadn't guessed what was going on with J. Luckily, she was able to quickly pull herself together again. "As if I'd be afraid. I'm so ready, so let's go out now, otherwise Chuck's feet will be sore."

Without looking at him again, she squeezed past Minho outside, where little Chuck was already bouncing impatiently from one leg to the other.

But they couldn't simply disappear from the glade afterwards. Gally had taken Teresa and Thomas out of the Slammer again. But only to make a show of tying them to two posts in front of one of the gates to the labyrinth.

"You can't let that happen! He's crazy!", Teresa screamed as she was tied up. But Gally remained stubborn and didn't allow any resistance. With his arm outstretched, he held a blade in Teresa's direction. "Shut up! Shut up!"

"It won't be easy, he's completely out of his mind," J, who approached the scene with Minho, mumbled. Chuck walked a little behind them. They didn't want to risk the little one getting into a fight, if they were about to carry out their plan. The other insiders were spread out between Gally and his allies. Minho shook his head. "You really think he's a threat? The idiot has probably just lost his last three brain cells."

That probably wasn't entirely wrong. What Gally was doing here, was totally stupid, J knew that too. But what was more important now, was to concentrate on her plan. It was almost time. J's eyes darted to Thomas, who was hanging unconscious on his post while Gally's allies tied his arms there.

But shortly before the last knot was tied, Thomas broke away. His feigned fainting had only been part of their plan, to ensure that Gally got Teresa and Thomas out of the Slammer without any concerns.

Thomas awakening was now the keyword for the others. Pan freed Teresa with a machete from her bonds. Then they all rushed to Thomas and stood facing Gally, their backs to the open gate into the labyrinth.