What's the problem Jizz?

Alexis's POV:

I wasted no time in making my escape, eager to put some distance between myself and the source of my agitation.

I waited against my car as my best friends Carly, Jade, and Reese strolled out of the gym.

"So, that's Jenna from high school?" Carly smirked, walking up to me.

I keep forgetting that because me and Jenna were both the number one recruits from close towns in Michigan that people know we played against each other. I just didn't usually tell people that we weren't too fond of each other.

"Yup." I replied, motioning for everyone to get in my car. We were headed to the coffee shop that we always go to after practice.

"She's your new roommate, huh Jade?" Reese asked as they piled in the car. Reese and Jade sat in the back, and Carly sat up front.

"Yeah, I LOVE her!" Jade gushed. She started to talk about their weekend and how awesome Jenna is. I decided then to tune everyone out.

Jenna has the ability to make anyone like her. I'm not surprised Jade already loves her, but I can see right through it.

"Alexis, are you even listening?" Carly nudged me with a playful grin.

I blinked, snapping back to reality with a start. "Yeah, sorry, just got lost in thought for a second," I mumbled, offering a weak smile in apology.

After lunch, we made our way back to the apartments, the weight of the day settling heavily on my shoulders. We said goodbye to Jade and Reese as they went to their apartments and Carly and I made our way to ours. Thankfully, we didn't have to have a third roommate, unlike the other girls.

Carly pulled out her set of keys and opened the door for us.

"Hey, buddy," I greeted my cat, Max, as he padded over to me with a curious meow. I scooped him up into my arms, relishing in the warmth of his fur against my skin.

I sank onto the couch, Max nestled contentedly in my lap as I absentmindedly stroked his fur. The events of the day replayed in my mind like a broken record, each moment etched with a sense of frustration.

"What's the problem Jizz?" Carly finally asked.

She made up that stupid nickname when she found out my middle name was Giselle and it just stuck.

She knows I've been bothered since we all found out Jenna was coming, but she knows me well enough not to pry.

"Nothing, just annoyed." I say, closing my eyes, deciding I need a nap.

"Okay. Well talk later, then." I hear her whisper as she pats my head and walks away.