CHAPTER ~ 5

125 votes for next chapter!!!

POV :~ KSHITIJ

Sunday.

Many things happened in last few days including my mother and her mother, choosing our wedding date with the help of our family priest. They have decided the day of 4th of December, exactly 1.5 months from today.

Even though I would have asked her not to fix the day so soon, my mother wouldn't have listened to me. I know. She is very reluctant in these cases, especially since the day Meera aunty has said 'yes' from her side.

Buying jewelleries, clothes and even visiting shops to polish age old jewelleries for her new future daughter-in-law. Not only Maa, my sister, Shreya, she has started choosing dresses for her too and I'm getting tortured because of this because she comes to me every now and then to show me her dresses and ask me whether it's good or not.

It's not like my choice hardly matters for her, she rejects every dress I choose which makes me think that she especially asks me so that she can find out which dresses are meant to be rejected, not be chosen.

My choice isn't that bad though, maybe it's bad when it comes to girlies attires.

I was getting myself ready for my 5p.m. meeting with my fiancèe, who was going to share something important with me, and I was going to share my important things with her too. And the two children of my house where sitting on the bed, admiring me, sorry, teasing me from time to time.

"I don't think bhabhi will like black attire, Bhai," Shreya spoke to which Aayush replied,

"Shut up, bhaiya looks handsome in black."

I smiled to myself. Ofcourse, black is my favourite colour when it comes to outfit.

"Bhai, please buy chocolates or flowers for her atleast, she will appreciate your efforts, every girl does," Shreya muttered.

"It's not a date, Shreya," I replied nonchalantly.

I turned back, buttoning up my suit.

"Umhem – bhabhi will get lost when she'll see you today," Shreya used the same line for the fifth time in a row which made Aayush say,

"Line toh dusra khoj le!"

["Atleast find some different line!"]

I chuckled when Shreya hit him on the head, "Shut up!!"

"Okay guys, I'm leaving," I spoke while sliding my phone inside my pocket.

Suddenly, both of them ran towards me and stood on my way, blocking my way with their arms spread wide, "Bhaiya-bhaiya-bhaiya!"

"What?" I asked.

"Please behave nicely with her," they both spoke in unison, "And give your best, all the very best!"

I shook my head, laughing a little, "It's not my exam, bewakoofs."

"Yes," Shreya spoke, "It's neither less than an examination for you," Aayush finished.

I nodded my head, replying them silently and walked passed them when they paved me way.

I was about to step outside home when Maa stood on my way,

"Are you going to meet Kritika?"

I gave her a silent nod. I was pretty sure that she'll give me extra lessons just like my cousins and yeah, I was yet again proved right when she muttered,