CHAPTER ~ 13

POV :~ KRITIKA

"What if I say that I cannot marry someone who disgusts touches?"

Well, It was my first time listening to someone saying they disgust touches. I mean— Is not touching the most beautiful kind of intimacy? — but fine, there's always a first time for everything.

"Then I'll not stop you from doing so," He replied, softly.

Come-on Kri, atleast he is not being stubborn that no!!! You'll have to marry me—what about my reputation — my family's image and all — atleast he is being honest and mature that if I do not want, it will not happen. Besides that, I can see the discomfort on his face, while saying this to me.

I let out a soft laugh,

"Honestly, this is something new for me. But look here," I said to him.

He turned his face towards me and looked into my eyes, giving me a nod.

"I will not be touchy, I assure you. But I need an assurance from you too."

He shrugged his shoulders, "Anything."

"Assure me that– this– will change with time. I mean... I know you need time, I know this situation will take time, but Kshitij— I cannot be in a relationship — that too a married relationship in which my husband will never touch me all my lifetime."

He stayed silent, staring into my eyes for me to continue.

"I — there's no point of not saying this that I need kids in our future, Kshitij, with you probably—" We chuckled together, I took a step forward, maybe our footwears brushing against each other, I could feel his breathe too,

"Assure me that one day you will get comfortable with me, one day you will give me a taste of what intimacy feels like, with your partner." I knowingly touched his forearm with my palm and he straightened himself immediately, his jaw tensed, but instead of leaving him, I did what I wanted, I intertwined our forefingers and his shoulders relaxed a little.

"I have agreed to marry you Kshitij, because I like you as an individual, how you're as a person. I know days are going to be tough, but this—" I showed him our intertwined forefingers, "—will be enough for me.. for us, until you're comfortable with allowing me to hold your hand, and then further on."

Neither he replied anything, nor I spoke anything else. We remained silent, utterly silent, our fingers intertwined in between us, gazing into each other's eyes.

Then he turned on his heels, still not detaching his finger from mine, I turned around too, and we started walking with slow steps, under the open sky.

"You're really a good girl, Kritika," he muttered, which was really a whisper.

I chuckled, "I cannot say the same for you."

He laughed softly, "It's okay. I'll earn that praise."

I gave him a thin lipped big smile.

"You must be still hungry, right?" He asked me.

But before I could reply, my stomach grumbled answering his question and he chuckled, "Come let's sit."

We sat opposite to each other on the table under the open sky and God, touchwood, our fingers were still touching each other, and he says he disgusts touches. Such a liar.

We sat in silence for a moment, the night wrapping around us like a comforting blanket. Then, Kshitij pulled out his phone and made a quick call, saying,

"Could you bring us a couple of menus, please?— Yeah, thanks."

Turning to me, he asked, "What would you like to eat?"