CHAPTER ~ 20

You guys are insane. As promised, here's the next update.
200 votes for the next chapter!!!!

POV :~ KRITIKA

"Kritika," I nodded, "She is Hridya Kashyap, my old friend, and he is Aarav Kashyap, her husband."

They passed me a smile while the lady, I mean, Hridya, stepped towards me, her smile so radiant and gosh, she was shining different. No, her face looked different, so beautiful, the glow was so unique. When she leaned in to hug me and her husband muttered, "Carefully!" placing his palm on her waist, only then did I notice her baby-bump.

She is pregnant. Oh God. That's the secret of that unique glow on her face.

"Many-many congratulations," she said to me while breaking our comforting hug. I smiled, and I really don't know why my smile was ten folds more as I looked at her bump, as I muttered

"Congratulations to you too."

A big smile tugged her lips, "You're sweet, thank you."

Her eyes moved to Kshitij while her husband handed over the bouquet to me with a smile and congratulating me.

"Long time," my husband muttered.

Hridya nodded, "Aunty invited. She called this morning saying that I didn't even attend your wedding and demanded my presence in your reception party, so," she shrugged her shoulders, "here I'm. Can't deny her.. you know."

"But it's very nice to see you—" she smiled eyeing me, "happy."

He nodded his head, but amidst both of their smiles, something felt odd to me. I really don't know why.

Kshitij smiled, "Aadya didn't come?"

This time her husband replied, "Yeah. Playing with her Maasi," he pointed his finger in one corner where a cute girl kid was playing with another lady.

"Aunty?" Kshitij asked, to which Aarav replied, "Right beside them."

He nodded, "I'll meet her."

Aarav patted his shoulder, and looked at me, "Let your husband come with us for a few minutes."

I nodded my head with a smile, "Ofcourse."

As soon as Hridya started walking down the stage, Aarav approached her immediately, and I heard his whisper,

"Hey, where are you leaving me alone? Slowly, love."

I smiled. Whatever it is, but they're a perfect couple, anyone can say.

When they left, my husband caught my attention and his hand squeezed my hand gently,

"I'll send Shreya or your friends, okay?"

When I stayed silent, he brushed a strand of hair away from my face, "I'll be right back, ask my sister or my brother to bring you anything you need," and if I need you?

"And if you need me before I return, just give me a call, okay?"

Shit, did I say it that loud? He heard me?

"Okay?" He asked and I nodded my head. He smiled and walked away from the stage.

Shreya, Aayush and literally the entire gang arrived right after.

"Babes, I swear your devar is such a flirt," Priti whispered into my ear.

I eyed Aayush, "He?" I scrunched my nose.

How can he?

"No, the other one. Dhruv Gupta, Whatever." She said and I chuckled.

"What did he say?" I asked.