CHAPTER ~ 57

POV :~ KRITIKA

"He is here,"

I stood up from the bed and walked outside from guest room where Sayesha was staying. Well, she was already planning to push me out of the room. No problem.

My eyes fell on my husband who was about to step inside our bedroom but stopped when his eyes fell on me. He smiled, and extended his arm for me. I walked to him and hugged him first, loosely though.

Then we stepped inside the room. I sat on the bed while he freshened up and changed his clothes. We had our dinner and then we finally rested on the bed after I locked our room's door and switched the lights off.

As soon as I laid on the mattress, he held my arm and pulled me towards him.

"I missed you!" he said, and placed a kiss on the crown of my head.

I smiled, "I missed you too."

"Enjoyed your day?" he asked, smiling as ever.

I gave him a nod.

After a few minutes of silence between us, I proceeded to ask him.

"Um-" I cleared my throat and he immediately looked at me, "I knew there was something otherwise you wouldn't have stayed silent for so long. Ask."

I chuckled for a moment.

How can he know me so well?

“I— You knew about Rohan and Sayesha?”

He gave a me a short nod, “I knew.”

“Then why didn't you tell me?”

“Come-on moon, why would I have told you about something that wasn't my story. Sayesha is your bestfriend. Wouldn't you have felt bad that she didn't tell you on herself?”

“But you're my husband!!”

“I know. I get it. And that's the second reason I didn't tell you about this. You were lost in the past few wee—” as if he realized what he just said, he stopped.

I laughed sarcastically, slowly.

“I missed so much, didn't I?”

He clicked his tongue. Too slowly, he held my waist and pulled me over, only to make me rest over his body. I hugged him, tightly. He cradled my face in his hands and peppered kisses all over my face like I was a baby.

“You didn't miss anything, Kritika. And I promise that you'll never miss anything ever.”

I lifted my face up to look into his eyes, “Did I hurt you? By... being lost?”

He shook his head and kissed my head, “No, God. No, moon. I was just...worried about you.. that's it. Why are you blaming yourself? You were in grief, for fuck's sake.”

“This is all so confusing,” I chuckled.

He smiled, “Then let's drop the topic, hm?”

I nodded my head. Dropping the topic is actually a better idea otherwise it will start messing up with my small mind.

We stayed silent for a few minutes.

I was drawing shapes with my finger over his chest when he murmured in a low voice,

“You know, I've been thinking...”

He gently kissed my neck

“We've been so focused on other things, but there's something important we've been neglecting...”