CHAPTER ~ 56

400 votes for next chapter.

POV :~ KRITIKA

After my husband left, I got back to my work. Yeah work — gossiping with my bestfriend.

She was sitting in my room and I was so happy when she said that she is here to stay for a few days. I was surprised too. I mean — I know she can stay, but the fact that she agreed to stay is surprising.

Well, good for me. I've a companion to talk now in the absence of my husband and a little cutie to deviate my mind.

Also, isn't it good that a little cutie stays in my vicinity when ... when I'm trying to conceive.

They say, happiness and healthy mind helps in conceiving. And I'm willing to keep myself happy and healthy.

I didn't knew how Kshitij came to know... I mean ofcourse, he told me that I asked for a baby in my sleepy unconscious state. But, how do I not remember?

Well, sex is pleasurable, but it hurts like shit now.

“Tell me about your life, how's it going?” I asked my bestfriend.

“Tough,” she laughed, “But atleast I've her,” she gestured towards Anyesha who was playing with two soft toys that Kshitij had brought me two weeks ago.

We rested on the bed, side by side.

“I was planning to go on a vacation...” She said and I widened my eyes, “Really?”

She gave me a nod.

“Alone?” I asked curiously. She bit her lower lip and I knew I was missing something. I poked her belly, “Come-on, you cannot hide things from me.”

She laughed softly, then spoke, “Um— R-Rohan.”

“ROHAN?” I asked loudly and she immediately placed her palm over my mouth, “Slow downnnnn!! Why are you shouting his name?”

I calmed myself down and lowered my voice this time, “You're going on a vacation with Rohan? Are you kidding me?”

“Yes and no.”

“What yes and no?”

She rolled her eyes, “Yes, I'm going on a vacation with Rohan and No, I'm not kidding.”

I sighed. Fuxk. Exactly how much have I missed of last month while I was numb and silent and only used to talk— stay with my husband?

“But, wasn't he an abroad guy?” I questioned curiously.

“He was. Didn't Kshitij tell you?”

“Tell me what?” I asked confusingly.

“He shifted to India two months ago.”

“Temporarily?” I asked to which she replied, “Permanently.”

“How so?”

“His sister got married this month when you were — um—” she trailed off and I obviously understood what she wanted to say.

“So?”

“So, he cannot leave his mother alone and his mother wasn't ready to shift abroad with him.”

“Father?”

“I swear, all the fathers are nasty.”

“Hey!” I patted her hand, “Just because your father is na—”

She cut me off almost immediately, “He isn't my father for God's sake. MY FATHER is DEAD.”

“Calm down,” I caressed her hand lightly, “It's okay.”