CHAPTER ~ 6

🎯 - 150 votes for next chapter !!!

POV :~ KRITIKA

The hardest part was to tell him, repeat the same thing again from my mouth which I try not to say often. Because I don't ever want to hear the fact about my mother. Whatever doctor says is a solid shit for me because I know, I'll save my mother somehow.

I'll do anything possible in my hands. Only if I would have known about her ailment since the day she came to know about it, I would have laid down my life to take care of her even if it would have taken my every ounce of energy and time.

I cannot even imagine my life without her. I know what all things she had gone through, while I was growing. Being a single mother isn't easy, the fact that my father didn't accept me after I was born, prickle me even today.

"I understand,and I'm— I'm shocked after hearing this," Kshitij spoke which broke my chain of thoughts and made me to wipe the tears that were rolling down my eyes unknowingly, again and again.

I gave him a nod. I know he must be shocked, I know his mother had kept it hidden from him because she respects her bestfriend's privacy and  thus, I respect her.

"If you," my eyes snapped to him, his fingers were fidgeting, obviously the first time that I noticed that he was nervous while speaking,

"–you need financial help—" I cut him off,

"No–no, that's not the reason I shared this with you," my voice came out a little loud to which he shook his head, his hand moving between both of us,

"No," he placed his elbows on the table, bending a little towards me, "You are misunderstanding me, I just wanted to assure you that if you need, I– we are there."

I knew. Even if he wouldn't have assured me, I knew that his family will be there. Only because of my mother's wish, his mother wanted this marriage to take place early too.

I gulped and replied, "I know."

"So,–" he took a sip of his coffee after an interval of few minutes while signalling me towards my cold coffee, "Is there anything else you wanted to discuss with me?"

I gave him a short nod, taking my sip of coffee, "Yes, actually, I don't know how to say it, but—"

He shook his head, "You can say, afterall that's the primary reason we are here, meeting with each other," shrugging his shoulders.

I nodded my head. Ofcourse. This was the sole purpose of our meeting.

"Um- my company has chosen me for a project and they want me to go to Gwalior for a month– trial period, you know..." I said, somehow.

"So, what's the problem?" He asked.

Problem.

I cleared my throat before speaking. "I cannot.. leave Maa alone."

I saw the most casual expression on his face when he replied silently, "No problem, she'll live with us."

My eyes drew holes into his eyes, his demeanour so soft. His jaw and muscles so relaxed as if this was no great deal for him. Nevertheless, I carried on with my explanation, because I didn't wanted him to me sympathy.

"I—I mean, because of her illness, I cannot take her with me and I really need to grab this project in order to get a promotion and increase my salary so that I can take care of the responsibilities of my mother perfectly and let her rest peacefully at home," I spoke in a single breathe making sure he do not interrupt me in between.

"I understand, Kritika."

God. That was so hot. My name from his mouth.

Shut up Kri ! You're in the middle of a serious situation.