MIDПIGΉƬ ЩΛƬCΉ

As you continued your last day in Osaka,

the sun shone mid-day over the bustling city above the park you walked through, casting a warm glow on the sidewalks, and crisp spring air filled your lungs after the previous night's rain shower.
With only a short time remaining before your departure from the easy yet stimulating life in Osaka, you prepared to head into the bustling metropolis of Tokyo. Knowing this was likely the last time you'd see their faces, you truly savored the moment.

Your motives camouflaged amidst the rare golden feeling of the present. For now, at least, you felt a fleeting sense of contentment.

In that moment, it struck you that it might be best to make a casual goodbye and cut ties now, to avoid raising any suspicion should you suddenly disappear. High risk demanded precautions, especially in public. "Well, I think I should—" you began, but your phone rang, cutting you off mid-sentence. You glanced at the screen, supposedly your expression evident gave away an arise of importance as an unknown number buzzed on your screen.

"It's okay, you can take it," Kenji said, noticing your reaction. The others nodded in agreement and stepped away toward the park bench, giving you some space.

[もちもち ]

"Hello?"

"It's Boris I'm calling from a burner, are you with anyone"

Why would he be calling from a burner-phone piqued your concern, but you dare not ask with such idiocy while out and about. "Sort of?" You responded after pausing.

"We're going to stake out Tempozan Port tonight one hour early than scheduled. Bring your binoculars, Nobu dropped mine in the pond." Understanding the discretion, Boris switched to a low Russian, as he passed along the message to you.

"Alright, see you then." you said into the phone before hanging up. As you turned back toward the park bench, a light frown creased your brow.