MΣLLӨS PLӨY

The second bullet was out now

The second bullet was out now. You lay there slouched, the back of your head pressed against a floor cupboard as Mello tied your hands and feet up again.

"Tying me up for the second time huh? Seems like we're really getting close," you snarked, slightly wringling your tied wrists against each other.

"Oh you thought we were friends?" Sarcastically he pulled away and stepped back slowly. One look at you and he knew if he were to leave you alone, you'd make an attempt to escape.

      Once he strode away, his boots thudding heavily against the concrete floor, echoing off the walls. Or perhaps it was just the layout of the garage and the materials used, creating an illusion of amplified sound.

"Too bad only half your face got burnt. Now your personality has to do all the heavy lifting!"  This time, you shouted, as an attention gimmick.

In response to your taunts, he turnt turnt around abruptly at first.
"I guess I have no choice but to dispose of you"
M began to walk steadily toward you once again,
he grabbed your jaw, it was surprisingly gentle. "Since all that comes out of this mouth..." And he tilted your face slightly. "Is shit." 

"If thats the case, you might want to cover my mouth more often," you quipped back, feeling somewhat accomplished, but then your heart threatened to stop beating from the shock of it all, realizing your implications of what you just said made you want to shake and vomit. Both of you turned a shade of fuchsia, and he quickly let go of your face, his eyes darting away.

Just then, footsteps actually approached from outside the garage.

"We'll continue later," he said, his voice low and urgent, breaking the tension into another palpable moment. The garage door heavily grated against the floor like nails on a chalkboard with an odd mixture of the garbage truck coming to get the load.

    Before you knew it, the sun was rising. Its rays shone brightly between your squinting eyelids.

"Matt, Kemp." Mello addressed holding the garage door with a hand as they hastily crouched inside. He shut it again making not a loud thud, departing you from the sun's happy warmth to that dingy artificial lighting once again.

"I have good and bad news." Kemp said, taking off his hat.

"I do as well." Mello responded before Matt hunched slightly over, hands on knees, as he squinted at you. "Why haven't you killed her already? You know them Russians won't talk shizzles even if you smack em to a pulp n' kill their families." Matt retorted standing straight and crossing his arms as he looked directly toward you.

"Well shes Fyodor Kasanezky's widow." Mello shrugged, prancing over in a triumphant state to the desk where he picked up the death note. He picked it up in a manner of delicacy, it just folded carefully yet limp onto his hand.

"Killing him was one thing Kira did right" He opened the pages and skipped to a page. Your heart now racing in a fit of rage.

"Oh! Take a long walk off a short cliff!" Your fists were so tightly locked and you hadn't noticed your arms were pulling apart in a sharp yank.

Suddenly your hands were free, but it just happened— at least not in front of them and this instant. You toppled onto your shoulder, your feet still tangled together in roped knots.

"For the second time?!" Matt interjected, hearing the snap of rope first.

"This fuckin' shrew again." The mysterious man, whatever his name was, "Kent"—you think it was spat and engaged first coming right at you in a fast paced strut.

"Kemp stop." Mello interjected, closing the death note and tucking it away where he previously held it. "She didn't mean it. Look shes not even moving," he pointed out, his voice calm.

With a sigh, Mello used the same keys in a pair from the frog statue to open the garage's side door to the main house.

"I've identified our leads on Kira, I just thought of it. But first things first, I'm heading inside for some supplies for our hostage." Mello announced, leaving the door ajar as he disappeared inside.