11

I really don't know what I have done with this chapter, hell it was supposed to be a beautiful book with lots of heartache and love but my restriction on time and determination to wrap this book up soon made me do this..... So it's really not a planned or similar to what I have previously planned but it is what it is ...

I don't know what I wrote above.... Urgghhhh don't mind, Happy Reading 📖.

The corridors buzzed with chatter, bubbling with the excitement and nervousness of the participants. It was the next morning and the day of another task and elimination round. In the last task, three girls were sent home with gifts and a warm farewell. Now, it was time to tackle more challenging tasks and eliminations before the selected few could compete for the most difficult task: winning King Shivay's favor. Despite this being the final stage of the ceremony, no participant missed the chance to catch King Shivay's attention. Most of them had outdone themselves with makeup and extravagant dresses, except for a few who chose a more subtle approach and has dressed decent and comfortable for the task.

While the corridor buzzed with excitement, tension simmered in Radhika's chamber. That morning, Radhika had ignored her sister, choosing to join her best friend in the corridor. Seizing the opportunity, Prince Anagh slipped into the chamber, now standing in the middle with Anika steadfastly ignoring him and his words.

"You cannot leave like this, Anika. You are not allowed to," he said, his voice brimming with frustration and disappointment. But his words barely registered with Anika, who continued packing her things with mechanical determination, treating him as if he didn't exist.

"Are you even listening to me?" Prince Anagh asked, irritation clear in his voice. When she still didn't respond, he grabbed her by the elbow and pulled her towards him, forcing her to face him.

"What do you want, Prince Anagh?" Anika finally broke her silence, her tone cold.

"I want you to stay here. I want you to make things right between you and His Majesty. I want you to give him a chance, Anika," he pleaded, his voice growing softer with each word until only a hopeful look remained in his eyes. "He is not to blame, Anika. Everything happened so suddenly. That day,when he promised to you that he would tell the about you to Mother. He was going to do it. But then we were informed that the heir to the throne and the Queen had been murdered. When we returned, everything was in chaos. Father blamed himself for being absent. We didn't know the attack wasn't over. I had just left to check on security, and when I returned, Shivay was missing."

Prince Anagh sighed and sat down on the bed, his voice heavy with the weight of his memories. Anika, now listening intently, finally faced the past, seeking the closure she needed before moving on with her life.

""We searched everywhere for him and finally found him in the garden, bleeding from the head and on the verge of dying. He was so badly injured that we didn't think he would make it. Chaos ensued after that. Shivay didn't wake up for two straight months. Father and I left to hunt down the culprits behind the attack. When I returned, Shivay's memory was completely wiped out. The first thing he asked when he regained consciousness was, 'Who am I?' The next time he spoke, he asked about you. He had a blurry memory of you and couldn't understand why he kept seeing flashes of a garden every time he closed his eyes.

"I went out to search for you, but you never visited the field, and I wasn't sure how to approach your home without drawing attention to you. I tried talking to your mother once, but when I asked her about her family, she didn't mention your name; she only mentioned having two daughters. When I reached out to your neighbors for information, all I heard was that you got married and moved to another village. So, I never brought you up to him. I never told him anything, no matter how many times he asked about the hollowness he felt in his heart. Each time, I told him it was a side effect of the herbs he was taking, and eventually, he believed it."