𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐒 | 𝐒𝐄𝐀 𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐄

I WAS STRETCHING MY ARMS and walking around, enjoying the sun and ocean air on the main deck, when Leo came up the stairs

"Oh hey, Al," he grinned, stuffing his soot-covered hands into his pockets.

"Leo," I said, tilting my head as I acknowledged him.

His grin widened. "Well," he said, clapping his hands together, "since I ran into you, could you do me a favor?"

I stopped stretching, placing my hands on my hips and giving him my attention.

"Some lights stopped working in the mess hall," Leo said. "If you could go down to the gym below deck to the electrical panel in there and turn the power off, it'd save me some time while I go get supplies to fix it."

I raised a brow. "I'd think you of all people would know that the light bulbs are probably just dead and you need to change them. Why don't you turn off the power in the room with the light switch?"

"It's not the light bulbs," Leo tutted. "Something wrong with the circuit board in the switches themselves. I'm not Jason, so, I don't really think I can survive an electrocution. If one were to happen, that is. However, being that I'm quite an unlucky person, it probably will happen."

He sighed. "But if it's that big of a deal, I can just go do it myself."

"No," I said, apologetically. "Sorry, I didn't know. I'll do that for you."

"Thanks, Al," Leo winked, pointing finger guns at me. "'Preciate it."

I nodded once, before turning to jog downstairs. When Leo told everyone he was staying behind to make repair the foremast and other things, I didn't think fixing lights would be among them. But lights were just as important, I supposed.

The Argo II was huge. And I had never been in the gym. So I had to make a simple strategy. Basically just opening any doors I found that I knew wasn't the mess hall, sparring area, or the other's cabins.

I started to get impatient, doing less opening doors into rooms, and more bursting into them. Until I bursted into the gym. And realized I was completely unprepared to see Jason, bench pressing what seemed to be at least six hundred pounds. He was wearing gray sweatpants, and a Camp Jupiter shirt that was riding up, exposing his abs and a bit of his v-line. Sweat ran down his face which was scrunched up in complete concentration, and his arm muscles flexed. He looked... hot.

I tore my eyes away from his body, and walked in.

"Six hundred," I said amusedly, making his eyes cast to me as he noticed my presence. "That's pretty impressive, even for a demigod, with our enhanced strength and whatnot."

"Hey," Jason panted, a small smile on his lips. "And thanks, but I usually do better."

He let out another grunt, finishing the rep and racking it, before sitting upright.