Chapter 1: Nyromlleyotho

This chapter is brought to you by life hack by Vaundy.

---

"—Reject you, Noah Brink, as my mate."

"..."

Nyromlleyotho "Noor" of the Botanic Stars, Keeper of the Dreaded, Lurker of the Celestial Swamp, Eye of the Eternal Growth, the Beloved Child, and yada yada yada... stood still as the Male Protagonist of this world declared his undying hatred for him.

Noor remained calm as he slowly integrated himself into this new body. He was unused to blunt teeth and two eyes, but at least there were fewer body parts for him to control.

He had his hands behind his back—two hands—with three fingers, one thumb, and one pinkie each—clasped together. Out of sight, out of mind, he would not be distracted by these strange new limbs while facing the Male Protagonist.

"Your answer, Mr. Brink?"

The wrinkly and grey-furred—hair, "people" had hair—male sitting behind the large desk eyed him with a pointed gaze. Noor couldn't make out the meaning behind his gaze.

Human-ish creatures and their love for facial expressions.

"Repeat. Again." 

Two words in a language spoken with the limited vocal abilities of this blasted meat suit were successfully produced from Noor's singular mouth.

There was a weird silence that suddenly descended on the room.

Despite Noor's request, no one said a word.

Not the wrinkly man behind the large desk, not the three other people standing by the door, staring at him with vastly different expressions that, again, Noor was unable to understand.

Finally, the wrinkly man rubbed the wrinkly skin between the two crescent-shaped—brows? Eyebrows? They were called eyebrows, Noor was sure—eyebrows and sighed.

"I advise you to answer, Mr. Brink. If you do not accept Mr. Lowell's rejection, we will have no choice but to detain you for your actions against Mr. Oiseau."

"Yes," Noor answered immediately.

The wrinkly man sighed again.

"Very well. If you will, Mr. Lowell?"

Now that he was fully integrated into this mortal body, Noor belatedly realized his current body and the Male Protagonist was about to enact the rejection scene of his Lord Father's story.

The Male Protagonist, who had many qualities for which to recognize him, like his hair, which was at an appropriate length, and skin color that was not red, blue, or yellow, moved his lips to speak after inhaling a long breath of oxygen.

"I, Fenris Lowell of the Meute de Loups Pack, reject you, Noah Brink, as my mate."

The emphasis on certain words was thankfully not lost on Noor, who, having known what this body had done before he arrived, was ever more grateful that the rejection scene would go smoothly at the very least.

"Mr. Brink, how do you answer?"

"I accept. Proceed."

Breaking off the "fated mate" thing, as was part of the script, was now complete.

The expression on Fenris' face, one that looked as if he was gearing up for the fight of his life, changed to that of surprise.

"What?"

Noor enunciated his words slowly.

"I accept your rejection."

"You—" Fenris' following words were cut off and inhaled a sharp breath of oxygen.