Chapter 9: Helleriella

This chapter is brought to you by 猿芝居 by natori.

---

Someone was knocking on his door.

Again.

"... Welp, he's not answering. I think we should go—"

Noor slammed the door open with more force than necessary and stared down at his 'guests.'

"What."

He was met with wide-eyed expressions.

Lord Father, it was like none of these characters could function without bothering him.

He blamed his Young Lady Sister. Her interference has caused the characters to be... useless without the presence of this flesh puppet to move the plot along.

Noor had every intention to ignore these characters and let them figure out the story on their own, but with the way the plot has completely spiraled out of control, he was now forced to appear more than necessary.

The pair that was supposed to be the trustworthy and loyal friends of the Male Protagonist stared at him for all of three seconds before they took a step back and put their hands in the air like they were showing him peace offerings.

Distasteful.

Noor made a point to narrow his eyes, frowning at them in displeasure.

The expression was one of the first that Noor learned after he entered this body, inspired by the face the Male Protagonist had made when he rejected the flesh puppet.

Xander, the one characterized by the traits 'decisive' and 'calm,' spoke. "Headmaster Beowulf wants to speak to you."

Noor crossed his arms. "About what?"

This better not be about—

"Last night. You helped Fenris."

Noor inhaled oxygen to relieve himself of the irritable emotions bubbling inside him.

Human creatures have poor control and the chemicals produced by their brains can make them irrationally emotional.

He was still figuring out how to control his displeasure in ways that would not harm this fragile puppet body.

When the inhalation of oxygen was not enough, he turned away from the two mortals and ran his fingers through his hair.

This habit had only formed recently since he realized human hair was essentially useless and had no muscle or bone for him to control the strands.

Since there were no sensitive nerves, he played with his hair whenever he felt bored and needed a moment to recenter his human-ish emotions.

The pair of mortals standing before him stared at him weirdly with expressions that Noor couldn't bother to decipher.

Noor blinked. "Let's go."

There was a beat.

"Uh, yes," one of them said, looking terrified.

The other one just nodded his head rather than saying anything.

Then Noor was handed some sort of round thing the size of his flesh puppet's head.

"It's faster by motorcycle," one of the mortals explained, dawning his own ugly head contraption and grinning at Noor foolishly. "Who do you want to ride with?"

"Yin," Noor called out.

His brother materialized beside him, his lackluster Guardian Hound form dripping dark ink all over the grass and dirt.