Chapter 2: Acianthus

This chapter is brought to you by 空と虚 by sasanomaly. The link to the story playlist is in my profile description. 

---

Noor was not meant to be here.

In this world.

In this body.

In this timeline.

It all started when he accidentally destroyed his Lord Father's most prized creation, a universe under Noor's domain with a power source that could light the entirety of the Palace of Absence for several billion eons.

After accidentally encouraging nuclear war and mutual destruction for the inhabitants of that world, he had been ordered to correct the timeline of this low-level universe that was made merely in jest by his Lord Father whilst he'd been indulging in the fumes of some gas planets.

A fitting punishment, according to Noor's entire family.

So here he was now, stuffed into a sack of meat, liquids, and honeycomb hard tissue.

Horrific.

Imagine having bones...

The mortal body he was unceremoniously shoved into was a puppet of his Oldest Brother's creation.

One of Noor's lesser siblings, the Lady of Heartbreak and Despair, had been the main possessor of it.

As she was a godling representing the tedious emotional pains and toils of mortals, she preferred exploring her domain at a closer distance.

Everyone thought she was ready to handle the more difficult stuff after she broke apart a Main Protagonist and their First Love. Having proven herself worthy, Lord Father allowed her to play in this world.

As it turned out, she was not, in fact, ready—because the storyline completely diverged from the original intent and the world nearly ended.

Noor's Young Lady Sister was unwilling to play her role as a mortal fated to be rejected and caused the timelines to warp unnecessarily.

According to his Lord Father's plan, Fenris Lowell rejected Noah Brink as his mate due to his love for another. They should have amicably parted ways with mutual rejections on both ends, never to interact again.

But with the meddling of Noor's Young Lady Sister, who possessed the body since it was young, she had Noah inserted into the story before he was meant to appear, gave him the role of Fenris' childhood companion, and forced the puppet to pursue Fenris before they were even of age to discover their fated mateship.

At first, Lord Father accepted the changes without batting an eye. He revised the story so that when Fenris discovered Noah was his fated mate, he would ruthlessly reject him.

Insert emotional wounds from the experience of being pursued by a crazy, violent, and lovesick fool.

Enter from stage left: the Love Interest, Korvin Oiseau, a rogue werewolf.

Through the power of love and determination, they overcome their greatest challenges and live happily ever after.

The rejection in the original script should have happened two years ago.

It did not, in fact, happen two years ago, because Noor's Young Lady Sister threatened the safety of Fenris' loved ones through the power of compulsion, manipulation, and coercion.

Until now, of course.

So why was Noor here instead of elsewhere?

Because the belated rejection scene had already happened before, but with his Young Lady Sister in possession of Noah.