Chapter 16

Jungkook is well-known for his exceptional treatment of his employees. Despite his direct approach to work, he always makes sure to reward his team generously. This time, he went above and beyond by organizing a private jet for the employees heading to LA for Fashion Week. The jet was spacious enough for ten people, including Seokjin, Taehyung, two members from the designing team, two from the public relations, and the rest were interns from various departments who got recognized for their outstanding contributions. The trip was scheduled for five days. Meanwhile, Jungkook, Yoongi, and Hanna were on a separate private jet.

As Jungkook settled into his seat, he scanned the cabin.

“Where's Seokjin? Hasn't he boarded yet?” he inquired to Hanna.

“He's already on board, sir. Their flight departed a few minutes ago,” Hanna replied.

“What flight are you talking about?” Jungkook probed.

“The private jet for the employees, just like you arranged. Seokjin is with them,” Hanna explained.

“Why is he on that flight?” Jungkook's tone changed slightly.

“Uhh, that was the jet you organized for the employees, Mr. Jeon. Did you want Seokjin ssi here instead?” Hanna asked, her voice trembling slightly.

"Jungkookah, what's wrong?" Yoongi inquired as he settled into his seat on the plane.

Jungkook simply shot Hanna a cold stare before taking his seat, remaining silent.

"Don't worry about it, hyung. Just enjoy the flight," Jungkook responded in a detached tone.

Yoongi couldn't help but notice the slight frown on Hanna's face as she nervously sat across from Jungkook.

"I'm really sorry, Mr. Jeon. I should have asked you before booking..." Hanna began, feeling guilty.

"Let it go. Have a good flight, Ms. Kang," Jungkook replied, putting on his headphones and immersing himself in his tablet. He hadn't seen, spoken to, or messaged Seokjin since the incident. He wanted to see him and have a talk, but he wasn't sure what he wanted to say.

…….

After a long 11-hour flight, they finally touched down in LA around 7 PM. Seokjin's flight had landed earlier than Jungkook’s, so the employees had already headed to the hotel. Jungkook had made sure to reserve two entire floors of a luxurious hotel for the employees, guaranteeing each of them their own room.

As the hotel staff escorted everyone to their rooms, Seokjin was having a small trouble,

“I’m sorry, sir, but we don’t have any reservations under Kim Seokjin,” the hotel staff informed him.

“Oh, but I was informed that my room was booked here,” Seokjin replied, looking puzzled.

“Is everything alright, hyung?” Taehyung inquired.

“I’m not sure, Taehyungah.. They’re saying my name isn’t on the booking list,” Seokjin said, visibly frustrated.

“What? How is that possible? Maybe you should call Hanna, hyung. She might be able to help since she made the reservations,” Taehyung suggested.

“Yeah,” Seokjin agreed, pulling out his phone to call Hanna.

After a few rings, Hanna answered.

“Seokjin-ssi,” she greeted.

“Hanna-ssi, the hotel staff says they can’t find my name in the booking. Can you speak to them?” Seokjin asked.

“Ah, Seokjin-ssi, I just got a call from the hotel. There was a mix-up with the booking. I’m really sorry about this,” Hanna explained.