chapter 3

Evangeline

I start the shower rubbing my tired eyes under the burning hot water, steam clears my throat and almost makes me choke at the sudden invasion of so much air. What am I doing? I think to myself. Am I falling for my soon to be husband? I barely know the man, not to mention he's been watching me sleep for the last six weeks. At the thought I suddenly feel good, safe. What no I can't be safe he's been watching me sleep how is that supposed to make me feel safe. My stomach flutters and I begin to feel a sensation between my legs and I stammer from the strange but good feeling. What was that I thought to myself? I've always been shy to do sex or any of those things I've never found it interesting or needed it, but right now the sensation at my center is craving something, a picture flashes in my mind of his dark lustful eyes and his thick cock being strained from his pants anchoring toward me, the feeling is almost painful now. I slowly began to put my hand close to my clit, I've never touched myself before but I feel like I need to.

A knock interrupts my almost touch and I jump "get ready sweetheart, or I'll make you" his dark husky voice makes me pulse through my legs, aching for his touch. But I restrain "come..coming" I say, stuttering realizing the irony of my words i cringe at myself. He mumbles something but I can't hear him. I quickly turned off the water and put my hair in a plat. I rush to get dressed in my leggings and sports bra, I'm going to tease him a bit, I think to myself. All my clothes from my house were brought here today so at least I had options.

He angrily knocks at the door again "Evangeline I will break down this door" his voice laced with warning. I stepped out meeting his gaze, his fist still in the air like he was going to knock again. "Ready" I say shyly as I slip past his tall strong figure that blocks my way "where too?" I ask enthusiastically. He leads me down the cold black marble steps. I can feel his gaze burn me as I walk down them, I know he's staring at my ass. We reach a door, he stands in front and opens a gym, and a big one at that.

Zane leads me to a boxing ring that sits in the middle. I give him a questionable look when he gestures for me to get in it, I eventually get inside the ring I walk to the middle and observe my space as I do, mirrors surround the space one corner has different types of treadmills another weights and so on but something catches my eye an all back door in the corner, hmm where does that lead too. Zane pulls out a tub of wrapping gloves which catches my attention, he gives me a small pair of black gloves and watches me as I tightly put them on. "No gloves?" I ask him as I look down at his bare strong hands and back up to him "I won't be needing them." he shrugs and I look at him with a questionable expression on my face. "Now, attack me" I stare at him looking for some sort of hint of humor hoping that this is a joke "you're joking" I say with a serious expression. "Does it look like I am the type of person to make a joke mia cara?" he says blankly. I get annoyed with his response and try to catch him off guard, little does he know i do self defense classes. He just hasn't seen that side of me yet, I smile knowing he doesn't know what's coming. I attack, i give him a shot to the face then i twist his arm from his side and sweep his arm behind his back waiting for him to tap out, i hear something, hes, he's... laughing. I let go of him in the realization, he did absolutely nothing to defend himself, he just stood there, I punched him in the chest. He doesn't move, he's built like a god.

I bet he fucks like one too.

I rush away the voice in my head and go to kick him in his manhood but he stops me "and that's where I draw the line mia cara." he says smugly his short curly hair begins to fall to his forehead.

I punch him again and again and he is still not fazed. I grow angrier " stop calling me that" i punch him "fight back!" I yell. I go to punch him again. He dodges my fist picks me up from one leg and throws me to the floor, not hard but hard enough that the air from my lungs becomes knocked out. "If I fight back I will hurt you...mia cara'' he stares at me in a serious expression. "Then hurt me" I say seriously, still trying to steady my breath. His warm, muscular frame is against my small fragile one. He stares into my eyes. He looks like he's trying to hold himself back. But from what? He looks down at my lips, is he going to kiss me? I've never kissed anyone before but I know I want him to kiss me. He's about to get up but I grab the back of his strong neck and pull him in. His lips crash onto mine and we start feasting on each other's lips. Hungry like a starved man he devours me, my hands begin to pull the back of his hair and my other hand begins to run up his muscly back. He groans a husky groan and quickly pulls away. I look at him shocked and still trying to get over how my lips are still tingling from his. "Don't" he says while running his hands across his face, does he regret it? I stand on my feet, almost falling over feeling dizzy. The walls begin to cave and the room starts to spin, I look at him scared. I begin to fall as my vision shuts down as does my brain and body "Zane" I said softly before losing all control, the last thing I remember is Zane running towards me. "Evangeline!"