chapter 10

Zane

Her soft lips almost make me want to lean in, and her doe eyes make me want to lay in a pool of their warmth. She asks of me the one thing that bears onto the pain of the past, my scars. No one has ever seen them other than the man that put them there. 

All the women I've slept with had their hands tied so I have never had to worry about them. I know eventually she will see them, it's a matter of fact and I can try to hide them from her all I want, but she's as relentless to getting what she wants as I am, she is not a patient woman.

When she touched them last time it caught me off guard and made me lose my temper leading to the bruises on her wrists. That can't happen again, I will do whatever it takes to make sure she doesn't get hurt again from my hands, or anothers.

Her doe eyes stare at me with curiosity and empathy, I didn't deserve her empathy but it doesn't mean I won't take it.

"Evangeline..." I start my voice filled with warning.

"I just want to see them," she says softly. I sigh, anything for you.

I begin to unbutton my black shirt slowly. I stare at her watching her intently, her eyes refuse to meet mine and keep them on my fingers as I continue to the bottom of my shirt. I take in a deep breath before lifting myself off the bed and completely baring my back to her.

 I hear a slight gasp as she witnesses the pain I endured all those years ago. A scared boy, whimpering and begging for the mercy I knew he would never give.

Evangeline shifts and I can feel her presence behind me. My heart begins to beat rapidly unsure of how she is feeling, I would do anything to know the thoughts inside of her head. My thought train comes to a crumble when she startles me by hugging me from behind. 

I let out a breath of relief. She stretches her soft arms that burn ever so slowly around my waist as her head falls on my back and rests there. I tilt my head back enjoying the warmth of her comfort.

Savor this moment, the second she finds out you won't be able to get within ten feet of her because of how much she will hate you.

A feeling of unease touches my body, making me tense. She must notice because she slowly pulls away from me, ripping her touch off of my skin makes me feel empty, cold, the man people see me as. I turn to face her, her eyes search through mine, waiting. My head drops and I pull her hands from her sides, her curious eyes dart between mine and our hands.

How could anyone be so beautiful? I bring her small hand to my abs pressing it over one of the scars that reside there, i bring her other to the scar on my waist a total of 32 stitches at her fingertips, she glides over the long past healed skin and I watch her in awe as I notice she furrows her brows to focus.

A ghost of a smile appears on my lips. Oh mia cara you have no idea the plans I have for you.

Taking one of my hands off of hers and reaching down to her cheek I brush her soft skin with my thumb. My scars were seen, but hers? They cut so deep that almost no one could ever truly see. She pulls the corner of her bottom lip between her teeth as she looks from my eyes to lips in an eager way. I smirk knowing she wants it as much as I do. I reach down brushing my lips over hers, not yet kissing her but merely asking for permission. 

She understands and leans in, I know she can feel me smirk against her lips. I pull her in slowly by the waist restraining myself from picking her up and slamming her against the wall harshly while I pin her hands behind her head. 

I become restless with my thoughts and kiss her deeper nipping at her bottom lip for entry she doesnt give it to me so I grip her ass tightly she gasps and i take my chance to explore her mouth further. I can feel her groan in response. I pull her even tighter to me, wanting more, I just want to be full of her. I want her to be in every part of me. She already invades my thoughts now she's invading my body, this womans on a rampage and I have no intent in stopping her.

Before I can continue a knock comes from the other side of the door, she pulls away quickly, she's flustered. I can see her red cheeks blaze and swell lips glazed. "Go away!" I yell, I go to reach for her but she squirms running for the door. 

"Dont be rude Zane" she says with warning. I sigh in defeat. I put on my shirt and give her a quick smirk before opening the door and closing it softly behind me, looking back to quickly see her small smile before I disappear. The death of me is what that woman is.

Lucas pulls me into my office in the plane. I sit at my desk as he stands in front of me.

"I should take your hands for interrupting me" I say coldly. He shivers under my gaze, pathetic. " it was urgent sir"

"Ok... but if I find the news isn't as urgent as you let on not only will I take your hands i'll take your tongue" His Adam apple bobs up and down his throat as I'm sure he imagines me slicing it open. I raise my eyebrows waiting for his words, it takes a moment for his common sense to gather.
"We have located and decrypted an anonymous message sent to an assassination group on the strike on an individual." my eyes narrow "And who prey tell is this individual?" I say my fist begins to tighten as I can feel I know where this is headed. "Your...your fiance sir" shit.

"Show me the message, now" he skaters to pull out his laptop and put it onto my desk to pull up the decryption, he faces the laptop towards me as I read it.

'I need someone dead before tomorrow 9AM'

'Her name is Evangeline smith'

'5 million will be payed to you when you get the job done'

From anonymous

The fucker wants her dead before we wed, like hell thats happening. "Trace it" I snapped, "find me the one who sent that message and put him in the lock house. I'll deal with him." Before he can walk away I stop him.

"Oh and lucas, I want every fucker in that organisation dead in the next three hours. It'll be your head if you fail to do so, send out our strike teams." he stands there in shock attempting to put together my words like a moron. "Do I need to repeat myself?" I pull a glass of whisky to my lips as my gaze locks with his. "No ...no sir, it will be done. I'll send you the updates''

I'd do it myself but I've got a wedding to get ready for.

Let hell rain on all those who wish to harm my Evangeline, even if it is God himself.