chapter 12

Evangeline

His words filled my mind as did his forestry, dark strong scent. The door shutting makes me open my eyes to see him gone. I look toward my hand that's been neatly bandaged and the bandaid on my arm. I get up and put on a tight long sleeve and a soft long skirt, I shouldn't have snapped, he's right he's only trying to help me and all that i'm doing to return the favor is push him away.

 I sit up from the bed, seeing a glass of water, I down it. I go to stand feeling slightly off balance. I collect my vision and wait for it to obscure back to reality, my hand aches and so does my head. He deserves an apology.

I reach the door but hear whispers, I stop before opening the door.

A voice says, "sir, have you told your fiance yet?" a sigh is returned, Zanes.

"No I haven't, and it will stay that way". Before I can contain myself I barge through the door to see a very baffled looking man and Zane, who stands next to him.

"So you're going to have a go at me for keeping secrets when all you do is keep things from me!?" his jaw tightens and he looks at the man who has a very shocked look on his face "sir I... didn't know she was awake" 

before he can protest Zane waves him off, his eyes still staring into mine, he's waiting for me to back down little does he know that I don't plan to. "So much for trust" I scoff before barging past his shoulder and walking towards the indoor bar on the plane.

Zane pulls me by the waist before I can sit down on the bar stool, making me jump. "I have work to do sweetheart but this conversation will continue" I rolled my eyes and turned my head to the bartender "strawberry daiquiri please"

 I look into Zanes eyes "make it strong" I say still talking to the bartender. I turn away from Zane and smile at the shy bartender, he looks to be in his late 20s blonde blue eyes. The opposite from my type but nonetheless someone to make Zane jealous with. An evil smile growls on my lips as he retrieves a smile back.

"Want to play games Zane, i'll play" in a huff Zane is gone. Almost missing his warmth I take a final breath of his scent and clench my jaw. "That was intense" my eyes shoot up to meet the man that hands me my drink "River" he says holding out his hand. 

A weary smile stretched on his mouth as i shook it "Evangeline, but my friends call me Angel" i smile warmly "Angle" he says softly before walking over to dry a glass his eyes still on me "what?" I say softly, he waves off his hand before polishing the glass "it's just... its fitting" another smile. Truth is no one has ever called me that apart from my mother.

About an hour on two goes past and I'm laughing at what River says. I almost choke on my drink as he mentions how the first time he flew on a plane as a bartender an entire shelf of glasses fell and broke because he forgot to lock the cupboard. 

"That would've been so embarrassing!" I shout, my laughter and his filling the air. "Oh and that one time I tried to slide a girl a drink but instead it just fell on her" I snorted, the drink almost coming out of my nose I began laughing hysterically. I've lost count on the amount of drinks I've had and honestly I don't care. This is the first time I've laughed in ages at something as little as accidentally pouring a drink on someone.

A warm presence fills the room and even though I can't even see or think straight I know it's him. "I think you've had enough" a voice says from behind me, I spin on my stool meeting Zanes stare, it's hot and burning through my soul. "Well hello handsome" I say smiling seductively, skimming my eyes over his body. 

His white button up and tailored pants fit him so well, his watch glistens in the downlighting. Before I can get carried away I spin back around to a wide eyed River, "Riverrrrr" I say stretching his name "yes Angel?" he says with a smile "what's your number, I like you your funny" before I can hand him my phone Zane snatches it from my grip, I spin my chair and look at him wide eyed "give it back it's mine" his jaw clenches 

"Mmm now you know how it feels to have something that belongs to you snatched away from you by another" he looks over at River and if looks could kill he'd be dead. "I don't belong to you Zane, i'm not yours" I say staring into the dead eyes that are his. A smile creeps up my mouth as I have concocted a menacing plan, he tilts his head ever so slightly waiting for my next move.

River seems to have excused himself and left after Zanes deathly glare, I pick up my glass still looking into his eyes, I take a sip, I close my eyes and moan licking my lips, reopening my eyes to find a not very amused Zane but a furious one which only spikes my confidence more.

"Want a sip?" I say smiling, edging the cup towards him. As I go to set down the cup I see Zanes hand gripping the edge of the table so hard his knuckles are white. I look up to his eyes as I graze my fingertips over his hardened knuckles, drawing small circles as his hand only tightens. I stand to my feet pressing my body up to his, my hand comes to his chest and begins floating down feeling his hard chest and full six pack. 

It's hard to admit but the feeling between my legs begins to grow by the second, I begin to drift down slowly burning into his skin. His eyes watch me sternly as I glide them over to his V line and rest at his belt, I stand on my tiptoes and whisper into his ear "not so nice when someone leaves you wanting more, is it?" I kiss his neck with feathered lips. His pulse flickers, and I try to walk straight past him.

Of course I should have known better, the next second Zane slams me against the wall, pinning my wrists above my head with one hand and grabbing my chin to look up to him with the other, his dark eyes filled with lust and anger makes me smile. 

He goes to speak but he stops slightly loosening his grip "mm cat got your tongue sweetheart?" I pry. His hard body pressed against me makes my legs slightly wobble with the need for his touch. His knowing smirk grows. He leans in his lips grazing my neck as I whimper "do I make you wet mia cara?"

His hand begins to stretch from my neck to my waist giving it a small tug before making its way to my upper thigh, his hand glides lower and lower reaching between my legs and slowly cupping my clit with his fingers over my lace panties. I moan loudly, he chuckles against my neck. He thinks this is funny but I'm here like a hot mess melting into his hands.

His hand strays away and comes back up to my neck "you want my touch ?" I nod in defeat as he stares into my eyes making my knees wobble "pull something like that again and there will be consequences" he completely lets go of me and walks out of the room leaving me breathless. Welp that backfired.

After Zane left me a crumpled mess against the wall I decided I would play this game of ours further. About an hour later Zane finishes up his work in the office of his jet. Yes, I did a little sneak peak of every room in this jet. 

We had landed hours ago and I was ready to leave but apparently he wasn't. I find a seat on the jet and order a small plate of toast. I know it was only one thirty but I was already hungry again and with Zane shoving food down my throat every hour I've grown quite the appetite .

I reach for my book and continue reading through it. I've probably read it a million times but I can never seem to get enough of it. Pride and Prejudice is my comfort book. I wake up to Zane picking me up from my seat and carrying me out of the plane, the alcohol after bitch seems to be kicking in, huh so this is what it feels like to be hung over. It's awful. "Remind me to never drink again" I say in a groan as I latch onto his hard chest.

I wake up to Zane once again picking me up, but this time from a car seat. "You do realize if you continue to do this I'll refuse to ever walk anywhere ever again" I mumble, a soft chuckle rises in his throat "I don't think that i'd ever say no to carrying you sweetheart". 

I smile against his chest feeling a sense of ease at his words,"Mm no more sore feet".

The room to a bedroom opens and Zane walks me inside it softly placing me on the bed and walking away. I don't think much of it and just lay there in peace. Until I hear the shower begin to run, my thoughts wander to a naked Zane, six pack, hard chest, muscly back, long thick... no. I cut myself off before I can think more, what the hell is wrong with me?

There is no shame in seeing your soon to be husband naked you know you'll see it soon enough...