chapter 4

Evangeline

He left. He's done this twice now and it makes me annoyed. I lay in the bed for a few hours just staring blankly out of the window towards the forest that surrounds this spectacular mansion. It's so beautiful.

 The sun begins to die down and I soon realize how late it must be. Am I really that bad of a kisser? I go to reach for the water on the table and then feel something move around in my hand as I look down. The needle in my arm remains and my breathing begins to pick up. 

I try to remember Zane's words but I'm annoyed with him so I rip out the needle, blood starts dropping and pooling. I take off the oxygen and the heart monitor that's on my finger. The line goes flat and starts uncontrollably beeping crazy loud. I look for a cord or something on the ground to turn it off but someone barges in, Zane. He looks at me furious seeing that I'm standing up and that I've taken off the air and monitor, then he looks down to my hand and sees blood dripping everywhere. 

He quickly walks over and grabs my hand examining it. I stare at him the entire time. "Am I really that bad of a kisser?" I honestly wanted to know. He tilts his head ever so slightly in a confusion. "You run away every time I kiss you" he lets out a laugh. It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen his dimples at full capacity and his straight white teeth and perfect smile keep me staring "quite the opposite '' he says, still slightly laughing, he's stopped now. I miss it already.

"Evangeline the reason why I make us stop is because if I continue I won't be able to" he says darkness and lust is laced in his dark brown eyes. I can feel my face burning up, I know I'm definitely as red as a tomato right now. "I need to tell you something" i notice my heartbeat quicken, this 'news' can range from anything. 

"Do you want to hear the good news or the bad news first?" I think for a moment while I get lost in his eyes and his warm hand that engulfs mine "bad" I finally say. He slowly lets go of my hand, and reaches for the antiseptic wipes on the table beside the bed. "I have some... business to attend to in Italy" he finally lets out. 

"And the good?" I ask softly but in a curious tone as I watch his face as he wipes the blood from my hand. He's so entrancing. "The good, is you are coming with me." he says like nothing, he reaches for a band aid from the drawer and softly places it on the spot where the small hole resides. He gently peels the paper and I watch his concentrated face. 

"And if i refuse" he looks up at me finally straightening his body from crouching over to focus on my hand, he's so intimidating but i can't let him know that. 

I now stand up straight almost challenging him, he smirks at my action. He leans forward and i close my eyes, he whisps past my cheek and his breath is on my neck he kisses it ever so gently, i bite my lip hoping that the whimper from my mouth doesn't escape, even when it doesn't i know he knows the effect he has on me, i'm practically shaking. 

"You don't have a choice Evangeline '' his hot voice makes a tingle between my legs erupt. What is this man doing to me? He kisses my neck again and then startles me by sweeping me off my feet bridal style. I try to fight back but I'm too weak, too tired. My eyes begin to slightly flutter close every few seconds "You can't sleep just yet mia cara"

Flashback

I ran to the room where my mothers screams were just heard, the echo woke me in my sleep, making my blood run cold. The patter of my small feet running across the cold marble floors, and the heaviness of my breath invading and escaping my lungs as I follow the distant noise. 

I reach the door and it's slightly open. I look inside to see my mothers lifeless body on the floor, she's facing me, blood from her chest and onto the white carpet, it flows like wine. 

"Why?" she asks, looking at me with sadness. My heart aches as a single teardrop escapes her eyes. I go to walk inside but am suddenly stopped by a hand that holds my shoulder a cold hand.

 I look up and find my father, he stares at her opening the door wider, as he screams to call the doctor. The sudden loudness makes me jump. My father looks so different, as an expression marks his face, it's not anger, it's not sadness, so what is it? I stare at him wanting to know but as I look back over to my mother she's gone. All that's left is the stain of the blood marking the white carpet, where did she go? I scream looking for her body and rushing into the room. 

My tears fall like a stream, and I look up to see my father grab me softly but in a harsh way "where is she?" I mumble "gone, she's gone Evangeline".