05; New Disappearing Act

This chapter will show how Caroline seems to have the same luck as Stiles at times.

        I waited next to Liam in the awkwardly silent car.  After arguing with Stiles about my rights and how I'm allowed to skip school too, he just glared and opened the door for me.  What a gentleman.

        Even though I tried to keep a positive smile, Liam was the complete opposite mood.  Wearing a full frown on his cute face instead.  Staring sadly at his injured leg.  Every once in a while a sad sigh would escape his dehydrated lips.  It was depressing to look at.

        I felt physical pain for not knowing what to do.  I've only known Liam for a short time, but I still felt obligated to make him feel better.  To see the full-shitting grin that everyone loves.  The one where his teeth actually show, where his pink lips stretch all the way to the crinkles under his eyes. 

        I've never seen a smile so beautiful.

        Breaking my humming segment, a bad habit, I racked my brain for an idea.  After a few seconds, it felt like a egg was cracked over my head.

         Nudging Liam softly, I tried to gain his attention.  As he turned to face me I really noticed how sad he was. 

         They say the eyes are the open gate to see someone's emotions.  That was very true right now.  Liam's sky-blue eyes seemed like the sky before a storm.  Hazy and clouded.  Determined to bring some light back in those eyes, I dropped a mischievous wink.

        His eyebrows raised in shock and confusement.  I just smiled dumbly at the boy.  Blindly feeling the bottom of the floor, my fingers touched things I didn't want them to touch.  Cringing, I held my breath as I continued my search for my secret weapon.  My disgust turned into happiness as I held up my prize proudly for Liam to see.  It was my spider ring Scott won for me back when Stiles had a buzz cut.

        I remember that day clearly as I gazed down at the spider.  Numbly fiddling with it as I was washed away to the memory.  Scott had spent his own quarter on getting it for me, and I remember feeling like the luckiest star in the galaxy.  I was going into seventh grade as he was going to be a freshmen.  He even slid it on my middle finger; the only finger it would fit on.  I remember myself blushing as bad as Bashful.  Luckily, Stiles was too busy with the claw machine to notice our interaction.

        After that day, every sleepover Scott had over at our house, I invited myself.  Which ultimately made Stiles practically move into the McCall's house.

        Shaking off the small infatuation I have with Scott, I smiled at Liam yet again.  He watched me cautiously, and I just shrugged off his gaze.  Checking up at the front, only to see Stiles watching the road with pure concentration while Scott was numbly fumbling with the barely functional radio.

        Licking my lips, I expertly brushed the spider's legs across his skin lightly.  Enough for him to feel it barely.  Smiling as I saw him squirming in his seat, I placed it on his neck and jumped back into my seat. 

        "Scott!" Stiles yelled, removing a hand from the steering wheel and smacking his neck loudly, causing for the spider to fall into the abyss.  Probably lost forever in the fortress called Stiles' jeep.

         "What?" Scott panicked, jumping back in his seat in shock.  He stared at his best friend, along with Liam and me, and watched as Stiles kept attacking his neck violently.

        "What do you mean 'what'?  Just swipe at the fucking bug with your claws, something!" He screamed, going back to watching the road then brushing his neck roughly.  By the time he was halfway through his sentence, I was bursting into loud giggles, leaning my head against Liam's shoulder as he suppressed his chuckles.