Chapter 1

Hi guys, this is my first story so please be considerate :). Please please please vote, comment or recommend this story if you like it ;)

_________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1:

Hi, my names Amy. I'm 20 years old and live in a crummy old apartment. I work in tesco down the road, but I hate it, I studied music in university and my dream was to become a successful classical singer, but that didn't work out. My parents always doubted my choice of course in college and I always told them I was right. So.....they don't really know about my life situation, they think they do, but they don't. I couldn't admit to them that I never found a job as a singer so I told them I do various concerts and am nearly always sold out. And also in their mind I don't live in an apartment in a bad area of town, I live in a semi detached 3 bedroom house in a quiet part of the city with my boyfriend, even though I don't have a boyfriend. I did have one....but it didn't work out..

The story started in tesco. It was a normal day, my shift finished in 10 minutes and I was sitting at the cash register. I scanned a kids diet coke for him and gave him his change.

"So" Jake, my manager said from the till beside me "got anything planned for tonight Amy?"

"Nah" I responded "the usual....watch tv until I feel like going to bed"

"Here, why don't you leave your shift early, it's quiet here so we don't need you" Jake said

"Thanks, I think I will" I responded, already throwing on my coat and pushing the door of the shop open

As I was walking home (I cant afford a car) my phone started vibrating in my pocket. I slipped it out, looked at it and let out a sigh. I hate when my parents rang me cause it meant lying constantly while trying to think up an excuse to get off the phone

"Hi mum" I said brightly after pressing the answer button

"Hello darling, how are you?"

"Fine I guess, any news?"

"Well sweetheart, your father and I were wondering wether you and David would like to come over at the weekend for lunch?" (David is my made up boyfriend)

"You know mum I'd love to" I say trying to think up an excuse "but I've got a concert that will take up all weekend" I say trying to sound regretful

"Oh" I can tell my mum is disappointed "well maybe dad and I can come hear you sing"

Uh oh...

"I think the concert is all sold out mum"

"What a shame, I'd have loved to hear you" my mum said with a sigh

"I will try to get tickets for you for the next concert mum"

"Ok sweetie...listen, you know your father and I are so proud of you, we both feel so bad for doubting your decision to do music but look at you, settled down with a nice boyfriend and earning a nice income. Always remember that your father and I love you and are so unbelievably proud of you" mum finishes her rant and I can tell she is waiting for a reply.

"Uhh.." I stammer "thanks mum. Love you too, gotta go" I say quickly and slam the phone shut.