Chapter 3:

Chapter 3:

Jesus, A fire, my apartment block is on fire. I watch as the firefighters try to put out the flames, but even I know they're fighting a losing battle. By the looks of it my apartment, which is on the 2nd floor has been completely destroyed.

I watch as the 3rd floor collapses on top of the 2nd floor, causing the 2nd floor to buckle under the weight only to fall on the first floor.

A woman I recognise from the floor above me seems to recognise the shock on my face as she walks over to me

"Such a shame" she says "at least no one got hurt"

"M-my...belongings.." I stutter

"I know darling, but the insurance should cover that for you"

That's when I ran. I threw away my ice cream as I started to run. I don't know where I was running, I just kept running, afraid to stop.

Insurance, why didn't I get insurance? Why was I so stupid not to. But I remember it now, I remember receiving my quote and thinking to hell with it.

I stopped running, too out of breath to continue.

Ok, be sensible Amy. Ring mum and dad, tell them your house is on fire and you hadn't yet got insurance as you were....busy. No, tell them the insurance won't cover it. Yes!

I automatically reach for my phone in my pocket, only to find it empty. Omg, I left my phone at home, that means it was destroyed in the flames....along with my handbag..which had all my money in it.

I don't have a bank account. I never saw the point cause I only ever had what was in my purse, I never had spare cash.

I slump down the wall into a heap on the pavement. I don't know how long I sat there for, but all I knew was that darkness was falling around me. People walked past now and then, but no one stopped to ask me was I ok. I forgot how unfriendly the people in the city are.

After what felt like hours I stood up. I felt my pockets to see what I had in them.

€1.84

And my non existent apartment keys.

I looked around to see where I was. I had no idea, but I noticed a late night newsagent open across the street.

A job! I needed a job! I needed to get my life back on track. I was not going back to tesco, I don't know why. I was probably miles away anyway.

I walked across the street and into the newsagent as the bell dinged above me at the door. I walked to the counter to see a grumpy looking man standing behind it.

"Whadya want?" He grunted at me

"Am sir, by any chance would there be any help needed in this shop?"

"No, now feck off, I don't want no beggars on my property"

"Fine" I turned on my heel and marched outta the shop, trying to hold in my tears

Once I was out of sight I burst into tears. After letting them out for a few minutes I got my head back on track

Sleep

I needed somewhere to sleep

I saw a derelict building up ahead on the street, it had a comfy looking doorway (for a doorway that is)

At least I brought my coat, I though to myself as I settled down in the doorway, throwing my coat on top of me.

I fell into a comfortable sleep surprisingly quickly.

__________________________________________________________________

Hi guys! I'll upload more if I get a few votes and comments!