The Court Of Miracles

"Ah, we have to find the Court of Miracles before daybreak." Meliodas groaned, crawling out from under the table as he walked over only to wince and leaned against the wall, trying to get rid of the aching pain in his injury.

"If abaddon gets there first..." he frown of the thought of what his old master would do to the gypsies when he finds them."Are you coming with me?" He asked the man.

"I can't." Zeldris said, looking away with guilt in bis red eyes as he stood up from the floor, rubbing the dust off him.

"I thought you were y/n's friend?" Meliodas accused, narrowing his eyes as he gazes at him.

"Abaddon's my master. I can't disobey him again." He told him which had meliodas stun a bit of finding out that zeldris sees abaddon as a master just like he used to do, he was starting to wonder if maybe that abaddon had kept them separated and take care of them without letting each other knew their existence.

Zeldris couldn't disobey abaddon after what happened moments ago. He was frightened of wrath that he released on him as he had never seen his master like this at all.

"You've got a funny way of showing gratitude." The former captain said, his face had a scowl on it as he was disappointed that zeldris wasn't coming to help. "Well, I'm not going to sit by and watch abaddon massacre innocent people. You do what you think is right."

Meliodas turn and made his way down the stairs as he held his arm, continuing walking down the steps while zeldris turned his face away, his arms crossed as he had a upset expression on him then he sees the gargoyles looking at him disapprovingly of him not gonna help.

"What? What am I supposed to do?" He asked angrily, "Go out there and rescue the girl from the jaws of death, and the whole town will cheer like I'm some kind of a hero?"

"She already has her knight in shining armor, and it's not me." He let out a sad sigh, a sorrow look on his face as he looked away."Abaddon was right. Abaddon was right about everything. I'm tired of trying to be something I'm not." He then looked at his palm, stroking it as he remembered y/n's words.

"Monster lines... not a single one..." her voice echoed in his mind as he blushed lightly of remembering her kind words and how she saved him from the stage in the festival of fools.

He looked at the burn figurine of y/n then he took out the woven necklace in his shirt, knew that he will regret and feel very guilty for not saving and warning y/n about abaddon.

Gelda tapped his shoulder, having him look over to see her holding a cloak and handing him, he gaze at it, feeling hesitant, but he knew that he needed to do this for her.

"I must be out of my mind." He sighed deeply before throwing the cape on and running off to catch up to meliodas.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⋆✦⋆⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Downstairs, meliodas opened the door that led out of the church, and then all of a sudden, zeldris's faces appeared upside down in front of him.

"Meliodas!" He whispered, making him yelp, jumping back in fright of the sudden appearance as he held his chest.

"Jeez, don't do that!" He sighed as he eased himself down. "I'm coming with you." The raven haired man told him, getting himself down.

"Glad you changed your mind." The blonde man said with a smile as he gazed at him."I'm not doing it for you. I'm doing it for her." Zeldris reminded him.

"You know where she is?"

"No, but she said this would help us find her." Zeldris pulled out the woven necklace y/n had given him a few days ago and handed to meliodas who took it.